Home

NBA 2K18 Top 10 Point Guards

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Top 10 Point Guards within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM   #25
Rookie

plyrically's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K18 Top 10 Point Guards

Wait? Why isn't Jokic here too? I heard he also plays PG for the French Fries..
You won't always be the best shooter. You won't always be the best rebounder, or defender, either. What you can always do the best though, is play hard. Once you do that, Everything else will take care of itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM   #26
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
You clearly QUOTED my post with the word usage in wtf ... it's like still there . nevermind dude. Everyone who sees my post knows I never troll but I'm dropping it

Lol it wasn't there when I read the original comment. You said 'He was crazy efficient for his usage.' And didn't specify a number. By the time I hit quote, you obviously edited it. Regardless, I don't really care anymore. It wouldn't change my opinion. Westbrook isn't the best point guard in the league. He had a historic season, on a team that lost in the first round. Crazy. Good for him. But that doesn't make him the best in the league.

You know why your comment is so trolly? Because you said 'you didn't want to read that part.' As if I'm in denial. That's a stupid comment to make.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 08-29-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #27
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

While I do think Curry is great, that whole team benefits from having great coaching. They skyrocketed to being the best team in the NBA once Kerr arrived. They get a ton of easy looks because of the offense they run so stats will be inflated compared to other teams.

Where Curry benefits the most is that they hide him off the ball on defense and he is surrounded by 3 great help defenders at all times. His advanced defensive stats will also be inflated because those numbers rely highly on team defense. Those defensive switches negate so many teams offenses, especially the CP3 Clippers because they force you to play isolation basketball.

I really believe you can plug in any of the top point guards in the league on that team to replace Curry and they would still be dominant and the favorites. 2016 Curry was crazy good but other than that I still think he gets too much credit for a team that was stacked even before Durant came.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #28
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
While I do think Curry is great, that whole team benefits from having great coaching. They skyrocketed to being the best team in the NBA once Kerr arrived. They get a ton of easy looks because of the offense they run so stats will be inflated compared to other teams.

Where Curry benefits the most is that they hide him off the ball on defense and he is surrounded by 3 great help defenders at all times. His advanced defensive stats will also be inflated because those numbers rely highly on team defense. Those defensive switches negate so many teams offenses, especially the CP3 Clippers because they force you to play isolation basketball.

I really believe you can plug in any of the top point guards in the league on that team to replace Curry and they would still be dominant and the favorites. 2016 Curry was crazy good but other than that I still think he gets too much credit for a team that was stacked even before Durant came.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

I think you're vastly underrating him, and attributing far too much to Kerr. I love Kerr, but Mark Jackson could've lead this team to a ring if their development went the same way it did with Kerr. Their talent goes beyond a system. Curry isn't a product of a system.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:38 PM   #29
MVP

delete Msg

Last edited by Impetuous65; 09-29-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:39 PM   #30
Rookie

Curry didn't do much before Kerr indeed, so that tells me if he had been on the Wiz, Clippers or Thunder last year, he wouldn't have done better. In fact, probably worse. He's good, but vastly overrated.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

It's really hard to know who is/isn't overrated until we see all the individual ratings.

Westbrook is going to be one of the top rated by default because he's one of the best playmakers so his passing ratings have to reflect that, he is the most athletic guard in the league, speed, quickness, etc inflate a point guards overall more so than any other positions. He rebounds at an elite level that no one else on this list does.

The thing with Russ is, all his defensive abilities probably have good ratings and they should. He's great in the passing lanes, probably has a good steals rating, a higher block rating than any one on this list. On ball defense should be pretty good.

His problem is he would leave help to get rebounds and push the break. That's going to be a tendency issue more than a ratings issue. There isn't really an attribute in 2K for something like that to negatively effect his overall.

I always see this "he doesn't play defense" when talking about 2K overalls, like there is just one single attribute for defense and nothing else matters. You can be a player who takes plays off, like regular season LeBron for example, but still have a very high steal, block, on ball defense, and defense awareness rating. Which he should, thus making him a great defender in game..

There is no ratings for coasting or taking a play off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ojandpizza; 08-29-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #32
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I'm talking ratings in general across the board. I think they are skewed way too high. If you shoot 40% from the perimeter you get a 40 rating period, not 94. It's simple you making 4 out 10 not 9 out of 10.

Except that 40% from 3 is very good in terms of basketball and not actual percentages. In most settings 40% is a bad percentage. But in basketball, 40% from 3 is good. Having a 90+ rating doesn't mean they'll make 9/10. It means they'll make 4-5/10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »