Home

NBA 2K18 Top 10 Small Forwards

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Top 10 Small Forwards within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Top 10 Small Forwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
28/30 GMs would take LeBron over Durant and Leonard this year. Let's not forget how incredible LeBron was in the Finals. Averaging a triple double on KD, Iguodala, Klay, and Draymond is just absurd. KD was incredible too, but he had nowhere near the amount of pressure/load/resistance that LeBron had. LeBron's impact, efficieny, and value on the court was the highest I've seen from him in so long. He was pitching perfect games. He's still on another level. Kawhi and Durant are definitely trending up though.

I do agree with this. I think KD and Kawhi are getting better, and LeBron on the decline, but it's not to the point that they've caught him just yet. That could change next season, but as of now I don't see it.

I think it also depends how you choose to rate them. During the regular season LeBron is obviously not the same player he is in the playoffs. In the playoff's KD narrowly tops LeBron at 3pt%, but LeBron tops him at points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, FG%.. I do think there is a gap between those two.

Even just looking at the finals, KD scored more points but it was against one of the worst rated defenses in the league. And he only outscored him by one point at that. LeBron averaged a triple double and 34ppg against the best defense in the league. Hell over the past 3 season playing against what is historically the best team ever over any 3 year span he's averaging 33, 12, 9. First player to lead both teams in points rebounds assists, the next year the first player to lead both teams in points rebounds assists steals and blocks, the next year the first player to average a triple double in the finals. Also worth noting that over these past 3 finals he holds an average game score of 26.7, that's higher than Jordan's career finals game score.. and just to repeat that's against the best team (judging by a 3 year span) of all time.

I think what makes LeBron different is how he can shift his focus to what he needs to do. He can focus on scoring and drop 40 like KD, he can focus on defense and guard the best player like Kawhi, he can focus on rebounding and pull down 15 boards, he can focus on getting others looks and pick apart your defense and log 13 assists. He can go do nearly everything on the court at the rate of anyone in the league if he wants to make that his focus for that game. All while staying efficient.

Dude just has another gear, declining or not. He's not quite the player he was in Miami, but we still need to see how this year goes to know if he's regressed enough for either of those two to surpass or meet him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #26
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Looks like they're still fine tuning these player models. Lebron's neck and arms look perfect compared to other screens. Westbrook looks much better. I'm excited to see final version. Hopefully legends will get get their hair added or removed before game is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm not liking how every player seems so highly rated.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:20 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also, whoever made LeBron's character model deserves a raise. Maybe the most realistic looking character model in any videogame?
Old 08-29-2017, 08:23 PM   #29
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow this looks even better than the previous Lebron screens and those were really good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #30
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
28/30 GMs would take LeBron over Durant and Leonard this year. Let's not forget how incredible LeBron was in the Finals. Averaging a triple double on KD, Iguodala, Klay, and Draymond is just absurd. KD was incredible too, but he had nowhere near the amount of pressure/load/resistance that LeBron had. LeBron's impact, efficieny, and value on the court was the highest I've seen from him in so long. He was pitching perfect games. He's still on another level. Kawhi and Durant are definitely trending up though.
No, they wouldn't. Durant & Leonard are younger, have less mileage on their legs and are just as good as LeBron. Only a moron, an extremely biased person (*ahem*) or person afraid to "hurt LeBron's feelings" would pick his nearly 33 - year old self.

I'm pretty sure the two other best players in the league can "shift their focus" and win games in different ways. Durant has become an incredible off - ball/help defender while Kawhi continues to improve annually as a decision maker with the ball in his hands.

You can attempt to look at just the playoffs (where Durant & Leonard were just a dominant) or Finals, but through the course of the entire season Leonard and Durant were his equal. I'd take either before LeBron at this point, but that isn't meant as a knock on LBJ.

from Bills Backer/Spurs Nation HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-29-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #31
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

We also know Wiggins got a hair update - be nice if we could get a good look at his face (for WTF more than anyone ).

Kawhi got a beard update - which is great because that's a visually noticeable thing from a gameplay camera.

I can't help but wonder if Greek Freak got a hair update aswell. Can't help but wonder who else has an update (Rose maybe?). Jimmy Buckets braids perhaps?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 08:34 PM   #32
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

2K has revealed the top 10 small forwards in NBA 2K18, check them out below and...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Seriously the best most accurate LeBron player model ever in a video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »