Home

NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 07:04 PM   #65
Banned

GloGangJay's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details

This page of the thread, got me laughing my *** off right now lmao. Y'all are some characters

EDIT: last page of the thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #66
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't know if buying a brand new pair of Air Jordans and showing them off, is a good idea. Better buy the cheapest shoes Foot Locker can offer.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-31-2017, 07:27 PM   #67
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I don't know if buying a brand new pair of Air Jordans and showing them off, is a good idea. Better buy the cheapest shoes Foot Locker can offer.
I hope they have some Brian Scalabrine shoes. Give me the White Mamba any day.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #68
Rookie

Ipodking Carter mentioned that college might be in the prelude but we go undrafted then have to try out ?

That would be dope and probably please a lot of people
Old 08-31-2017, 07:37 PM   #69
Banned

I just got kicked out of a MTO game in the second quarter and was rewarded a loss. I'm not holding out any hope that 2k servers will be able to handle this. I can see us getting disconnected from MyCareer now constantly, as well at MyTeam.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:38 PM   #70
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

So basically, pick-up basketball confirmed for GTA VI?
Old 08-31-2017, 07:46 PM   #71
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
We should get a bike from the getgo. Myplayer literally has one speed and it's slow....i wish they would add a run button.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I can already imagine bike races taking place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 08:10 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Might be controversial, but I really don't like this very much. I would have liked if they went back to the basics with MyPlayer and made it about going through college, going through draft workouts (maybe expanding that concept to have drills vs other potential rookies to impress teams and then have meetings with teams), choosing agents, getting drafted (or not), going through summer league, training camp, preseason, fighting for a spot in the rotation (or getting sent to the G league, would have been great to have that back in the mode), then the NBA season.

This collision of Park and MyPlayer assumes that the most amount of people play both (maybe the numbers do indicate that) but I literally never once played MyPark or ProAm. I guess if I get the game it'll be only MyTeam and PlayNow for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Red
I could go on about how it seems like every game is trying to adopt an "open world" structure or how I think traversing the area will probably get old fast or that it looks like we're getting another cornball agent or how VC will infest the mode in more ways than ever before.. but you gotta give credit to 2k for trying something different.

It's hard not to feel like My Career has been less and less appealing to me since they started rolling with these mandatory stories, as long as My League is straight then it doesn't matter but My Career just seems like a mess of offline and online ideas taped together and it's just too diffuse.
I agree with a lot of this. I won't spend too much time raining on the parade - I actually think it all looks pretty cool. I just wish there was a way for offline gamers to enjoy some of these things as well. Also... those forced stories still just kill me. I can't stand MY player living out a terrible movie script all the time.

I think I just wish I could extract all the awesome stuff (a lot of the open world, the actual MyPlayer in-game play, choosing my own path in press conferences) and leave behind all the other things (storyline, playing against other players online, etc).

I know, I'm the minority though. No harm there. At least this game is offering up a lot for me in other realms. In that respect I think I have to give 2K props for trying their best to not leave any type of gamer behind. I'm impressed by just about everything thus far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »