Home

Coming Out Of Hibernation Buying My First 2K Since 2K11

This is a discussion on Coming Out Of Hibernation Buying My First 2K Since 2K11 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Coming Out Of Hibernation Buying My First 2K Since 2K11

I used to be a hardcore Sim head, who had a love hate relationship with NBA 2K. I felt 2K had an opportunity to make the game a lot more true to the sport, but that their focus was not on the core mechanics of the game. I continually voiced my frustrations, as 2K refused to fix glaring flaws, which made the game very unrealistic at times, and this eventually lead to me losing interest, as the game became an overall disappointment every year, leading into the next iteration.

I honestly miss the competitive nature of it all though, and the thrills I got from playing the game, especially when I went up against other good sim ballers. I should note, I played online like 90% of the time.

Before the unveiling of the neighborhood mode, I was interested in getting 2K18, since I own a Nintendo Switch. I've thus far skipped buying a PS4 or Xbox1, having not found a compelling enough reason to buy either, whereas in times past, NBA 2K alone would have been a system seller.

With that said, after seeing Neighborhood, I'm definitely making my return to NBA 2K, and picking it up day one. I got some buddies that think they're bosses in the 2K world. I tell them all the time, a week or two, is all I need to return to my former glory (Top 10 online PS3 player at one point). The old head still got it.

Who else is planning to pick it up on the Switch? I'm ready to ball!

Shout out to Momentous, Smoove, Gideon-TruthChasers, and all the other old heads that have been holding it down here at OS for the longest.

NBA 2K fan since day 1.

GoDsSoN770
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 08:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Coming Out Of Hibernation Buying My First 2K Since 2K11

It's going to be very interesting to see what online is like for the Switch, specifically population level.

Keep in mind, for online, when you're handholding, you can't use an Ethernet connection and a lot of people are plagued with lag when playing over WiFi.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

ChefBoyRT's Arena

OVR: 0

I remember you from back in the ps3 days. SACKINGS1 was the handle. It seems like a lot of the frustrations I and the dudes I run with have been answered. I was on the fence about picking up this years game, but the announcement of that classic Kings squad solidified my purchase (damn). The concept of the neighborhood is impressive in itself, I'll give em that. The player models look very much improved, and you can see it in the variety of my players. Good to see you back around man!
Old 08-31-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBoyRT
I remember you from back in the ps3 days. SACKINGS1 was the handle. It seems like a lot of the frustrations I and the dudes I run with have been answered. I was on the fence about picking up this years game, but the announcement of that classic Kings squad solidified my purchase (damn). The concept of the neighborhood is impressive in itself, I'll give em that. The player models look very much improved, and you can see it in the variety of my players. Good to see you back around man!
Mannn, it's been a while. I remember you too though. Good to hear they answered a lot the frustrations. Was watching some gameplay a minute ago from the event today. Definitely looks like the game caters to sim style play. Gonna have to check out the Kings Squad stuff, thats sorta new to me.

NBA 2K fan since day 1.

GoDsSoN770

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »