Home

Please let us put tattoos on regular Created players

This is a discussion on Please let us put tattoos on regular Created players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2017, 12:32 AM   #17
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please let us put tattoos on regular Created players

Pisses me off man smh. There's no reason why you would be able to put it in one mode (Let alone, an ONLINE game mode) but not have it in any offline game modes? Wtf?
Old 09-01-2017, 01:15 AM   #18
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

I'm not gonna lie, i thought this was the year they would do it. Very disappointed. I'm still buying it, but damn that stings

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017, 01:22 AM   #19
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

I can see the other side of the coin though, Maybe putting 100s of tats on 150 created players might cause a glitch in the matrix somehow?

I doubt 2k would leave it out on purpose

Whatever it is, i hope they iron it out for 2k19

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017, 02:00 AM   #20
Rookie

Papesowish's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloGangJay
Same here man. It's really sad how they keep continuing to do this to us. It's like they just forgot who the core of their demographic is. A lot of us have been down through thick and thin. Way before that MyCareer/MyPark/MyTeam crap even emerged. This whole catering 80% of the entire game to the online community, just isn't right man. Some of us are simple OGs who just wanna put together amazing rosters for MyLeague. That's it. We deserve way more respect. We shouldn't have to deal with all the cool features being exclusive to modes we don't like, every single year. Especially considering, some of things were available for regular use in the past, & we barely even ask for much, as it is (besides obvious gameplay improvements)
Preach. I just want a create-a-player system that offers player uniqueness and creativity. There's absolutely no reason that MyPlayer should have contact dunk packages and dribble packages that CAP doesn't (looking at you 2k17)... Because if you're playing a game with created players, then you're missing out on tons of animations and gameplay interactions simply from that.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:43 AM   #21
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

I'm quite certain it's for legal purposes. And the reason it's changed from last gen is because they never got in hot water for tattoos before the LeBron incident. Where one of LeBrons tattoo artists sued them because he didn't give them permission to use his work. I'm also sure it's related to the usage of player likeness and that putting any tattoo you want on a real player, even if it's a CAP of said player, can get them in trouble. I highly doubt they took away the ability to add tattoos because they wanted to flip the community the bird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 02:47 AM   #22
MVP

lakers24's Arena

I'm pretty sure it's a coding nightmare and until they figure out a way around it, it won't return. Think of it this way, in MyCareer you can literally drag tattoos over most of the body and layer them like the jersey creator. Now if they took the simple route and tried to mimic last gen where you couldn't layer and drag people would be mad that it's not the same. But think for a second, imagine the memory needed for the game having to keep track of all those assets on screen at once. At most, the WWE games have probably 8 guys on screen max with a smaller arena and way less other things going on(this also completely disregards that the WWE games aren't made by the same studio but that's not the point). Imagine the game having 15 created guys on each team, fully covered in tattoos, layered to the max along with a created arena, created uniforms, etc. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this and how that could probably cause major problems for them.

Personally, I'd love to see it return so my draft classes can be even more unique, etc. but I also know it's probably not feasible unless they go the last gen route. If they do that, I wouldn't complain, but I'm sure many will.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:57 AM   #23
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Not to mention that WWE games are hardly what I'd call graphical masterpieces, particularly when compared to the level of detail in 2K.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:17 AM   #24
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

I'mma gonna go with Lakers 24 and Goducks answers. It's probably between those 2 reasons or a mixture of both.

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator,

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »