Home

New CAP system

This is a discussion on New CAP system within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-03-2017, 12:28 AM   #81
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: New CAP system

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That event wasn't for offline guys

..and even though it was big, it was basically 2Ks annual release party in New York but now they incorporate YouTubers and my career their biggest mode to spread the word about their game.

I halfway ignored it because I already knew it because its not my thing.

We do have some guys in there mainly Simballer, Leftos, Davez, Da Czar and Scott OG.. but our info mainly came through blogs... the gameplay guys.

This all but guarantees im getting PC this year.
Where's Pared at? He used to be our NY NBA 2k party guy!

Hmmm this is also usually the time when the game starts popping up on eBay. Man those were the days....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 12:42 AM   #82
Pro

OVR: 2

This makes me very very sad
Old 09-03-2017, 01:21 AM   #83
Need A Life

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Where's Pared at? He used to be our NY NBA 2k party guy!

Hmmm this is also usually the time when the game starts popping up on eBay. Man those were the days....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Times change Goffs.

Early copies still might go out though...either way the game will be out in 2 weeks... that rush to get the game isn't as it used to be either, or I could be wrong and people will get the fever during the last week
Old 09-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #84
Banned

NewBreed1's Arena

OVR: 0

In the video I posted, he also says the difference between a 145 lb player and 350 lb looks like they gained 15 pounds. SMH. 2K talking all that stuff about there being an infinite number of body types. That's why people don't believe a lot of stuff that they say leading up to the release.

I guess it's an improvement over 2K17 tho, since you only had one body size in CAP.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:31 AM   #85
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
There are a good number of new hairstyles and tattoos for your MyPlayers, but the offline create-a-player options look to have regressed. You will have access to the additional hairstyles, but you still can't give created players tattoos. This is a little bewildering to me, and I've never been able to get a solid answer as to why this isn't possible.

More troubling is the new facial sliders the CAP suite now uses when you are creating players. I played around with it during the preview event and it felt as if it gave me even fewer options to individualize my creations than I had before in NBA 2K17.

Shouldn't we be going the other way with all features? If nothing else, it would have been nice to leave it as it was if it wasn't going to improve. This is an issue that will negatively impact roster and draft class creators, which isn't a very large piece of the NBA 2K community.

However, I'm one who does create players and rosters, so it does sting a little.

Overall, there isn't much to gripe about with NBA 2K18 just yet, but the offline CAP system is one of them.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#496d82d92812

who's going to start the CAP Creator - A Sad History, A Bleak Future thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 01:41 AM   #86
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

You can't get a beard from the getgo right? I didn't see that option either....
Old 09-03-2017, 07:39 AM   #87
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Ok... so I wanna know which DB former player complained about some CAP maker creating their likeness and it being too realistic. Only explanation for this BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it was that. Davez (one of the MyLeague devs) said that they only had one head model for CAP before and they just morphed it. That's why they always came out looking like "mutants".

Some CAP makers were able to make decent looking CAPs but the vast majority just didn't look human to me. This was a big problem for me in ML because they looked terrible next to real players. This year he says they have 30 different head models.

It looks more like a Mr. Potatoe head mash up but I'm OK with that over the other system because the players actually look human. Every CAP I have seen so far looks better than anything 2K randomly generated before. Plus, we can edit the heads even after we start ML. So I could have a guy come in with braids. Then cut them off after a year or so; or have him alternate between blowout and braids like Ben Wallace back in the day. I hope the face sculpting is still in for those who prefer it but this is a much better system for ML, IMO.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:07 AM   #88
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
You can't get a beard from the getgo right? I didn't see that option either....
Yes you can, start with the prelude and you can choose, guys i think we should all calm down untill the game is out and we see for ourselfs what can and cant be done then start a thread about it collect the things we miss and forward it to 2k as feedback. All we do now is just assume from videos from the event while everyone was only using the CAP system for the MyPlayer CAP mostly, Franchiseplay have looked at it a little but also didnt go into everything deeply he said so on his stream yesterday so he could have missed some things. Best we can do now is all calm down wait till the game arrives and then see what we can do with it. As a roster maker myself i can only hope for the best, already a downside for me is that again we dont have tattooos and that cant we share/download created players yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »