Home

New CAP system

This is a discussion on New CAP system within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #881
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New CAP system

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
Do any of you think they made the cap system this way to avoid any legal liability issues of us creating college players and teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That actually crossed my mind. Especially considering how much attention Embrace the Pace and others got for their accurate draft classes. But I Honestly think it was more to create more human looking players with generated draft classes and CAP. It's harder, maybe impossible create an actual likeness but it easier to create players and share formulas. In a perfect world they could have both, the sculpting and presets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #882
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

New CAP system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
That actually crossed my mind. Especially considering how much attention Embrace the Pace and others got for their accurate draft classes. But I Honestly think it was more to create more human looking players with generated draft classes and CAP. It's harder, maybe impossible create an actual likeness but it easier to create players and share formulas. In a perfect world they could have both, the sculpting and presets.

Even without both just lots more presets would be great. And an option to edit the cheeks the way you can the other facial features..

Biggest issue is the lack of hair and facial hair. Facial hair options are pathetic, and even worse now that you can't mix and match beards with mustaches. Equally important is you don't have proper hair textures for a lot of players. A lot of the facial hair is thin stringy looking hair, where thicker hair isn't an option. There isn't even a full mustache, or a full goatee.

They already announced they can't bring back last years CAP options, which makes me believe there won't be a patch for sculpting. But a patch to let us choose skin color, eye color, eye browns, and hopefully bring back separate beard, mustache, stubble, would go along way in making some really good CAPs. Maybe not quite as precise as sculpting, but at least then we would have close enough renditions that actually looked like a more realistic person than in years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ojandpizza; 09-19-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #883
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daystew
Sorry, I meant to quote your post, the thread is above this post.
Really appreciate it man.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #884
Banned

On top of the ability to change skin tones, we desperately need sliders for face width, face length, cheekbones, & profile head shapes
Old 09-19-2017, 06:52 PM   #885
Rookie

For some reason when you got to edit a CAP in My League you can see the old CAP system like profile sculpting and features but they dont work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #886
Rookie

WIP for Kobe 2004, since we won't be getting one with hair. Please send along suggestions!
Old 09-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #887
Rookie

Changed hair and a few other tweaks.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #888
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

This may be obvious to everyone else, but I am just now realizing that the initial preset face you get is NOT just a combo of various presets at our disposal. So the random preset selection has been sculpted in various ways outside the range of our choices. And includes different features (i.e. asymmetry, freckles, pockmarks, eye shapes, etc.) Meaning you couldn't just take the other presets available and duplicate the first face you see. All these faces are being sculpted, we just aren't given access.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »