Home

Are 2K Spreading themselves thin

This is a discussion on Are 2K Spreading themselves thin within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are 2K Spreading themselves thin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gym Reaper
People are really threatened by these modes for some reason.

Just don't play them?

"Threatened" lololololol now that one made me smile.. read over it again and come back when you see the part I'm threatened about.

I'm saying focus on the NBA game, not all the other street park stuff. Or just call the game BASKETBALL 2K18.

It's like I bought a Fifa game and started playing 5 aside soccer in the park. I want to play an nba game. If you can't understand that that you're misreading the first paragraph.

www.blaksmarshall.com | Social Media @blaksmarshall
Old 09-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #10
Pro

They do have different producers and engineers working on these modes. It's not like they can multiply OG, Czar and Mike to have more work done in a cycle if park mode was on a separate disk

Last edited by tt500; 09-01-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #11
Pro

"Street stuff."

LOL

If you don't like it don't play it. But it's obviously popular and it sells lot of copies. If you want to play only NBA modes frankly you're a small fraction of their customer base but you can still do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 03:00 PM   #12
Banned

DVaz3's Arena

Don't remember where I read or heard this information from but what I understood was that 2k has multiple Dev's working on all the different modes. So however much "street" MyPark/MyCareer get, it doesn't affect the development or authenticity us Sim Nation players like. 2K doesn't go into the year only working on or improving one game mode cause there's other Dev's improving their specific mode at the same time. So I doubt whatever you dislike from MyPark/MyCareer will spill over to the other modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-01-2017, 03:01 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 4

I wont notice it being there besides YouTubers.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #14
Rookie

The days of sports game just being about "the league" are over.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaks
"Threatened" lololololol now that one made me smile.. read over it again and come back when you see the part I'm threatened about.

I'm saying focus on the NBA game, not all the other street park stuff. Or just call the game BASKETBALL 2K18.

It's like I bought a Fifa game and started playing 5 aside soccer in the park. I want to play an nba game. If you can't understand that that you're misreading the first paragraph.

Your original argument was asking if it was messing with the resources but now it just seems like you don't like that mode of the game and want it out because of that. Otherwise, I'm heavily confused. You don't have to play Playgrounds or MyCareer period to get to play NBA games. You have so many different modes at your disposal involving NBA players that with sliders and everything else, actually plays beautifully.

That's the beauty of 2K...having options. There's something for everyone and very little actually doesn't get updated year after year. There are inaccuracies, of course but that's not a case of being spread too thin as it is of them either virtually being pressed up against a deadline or just not getting something correct they need to fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #16
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaks
I want to play an nba game..
But you can...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »