Home

2K18 Footage Recording - Audio?

This is a discussion on 2K18 Footage Recording - Audio? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 08:24 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 2K18 Footage Recording - Audio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiltzenberger
Wrong.
I actually don't remember whether 2k14 had it or not as I didn't record many videos back then.
.....but 2k15 definitely had the audio recorded, all my 2k15 videos had the audio in them. 2k16 had the audio recorded but you'd get copyright issues on youtube with the Sunset Beach videos because of a 5 second seagull sound that popped up.
So they just stopped letting the audio through altogether in 2k17, 2k18 is the same....... and 2k19 and so on will also have no audio recorded.
As if the only game in the world with soundtracks is NBA 2K?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

delete Msg

Last edited by Impetuous65; 09-29-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:05 AM   #35
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
As if the only game in the world with soundtracks is NBA 2K?
Yeah. it's stupid. I turned the music off so I wouldn't have issues with copyright.... but I think it may be more related to when they brought in all the unique arena sounds from each team, probably worried about copyright issues or something there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #36
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

weak

10 char
Old 09-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #37
MVP

We all are still waiting for the news from devs responsible that they say 'we took care of it and you'll have stream sounds on/off option' just like the competitions do! It's nothing new!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #38
MVP

Let's give some more of our support to this thread guys! This needs to be heard, i can't accept 2 years in a row of this non-sense!
Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #39
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Decided to browse the web for other games without audio PS4 share support and came across this on reddit regarding 2k's audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thread post
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment..._audio_at_all/

[–]Theschill 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago
Here is the discussion I had with 2K support on the issue:

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Thanks for getting back to us here at 2K Support, we really appreciate it.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing sound issues when streaming or sharing NBA 2K17. Unfortunately, this has been made as design by the developers, audio will not be available in gameplay video that is shared, due to licensing and copyright policy. I truly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any other 2K-related question, please feel free to contact me, I'll do my best to help you out.

Kind regards,
Marceau O. 2K Support

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Marceau,

I understand how there would be issues with copyright/licensing when people stream game video on Youtube or Twitch, but when its just between 2 people using the PS4 Shareplay function to be able to do couch co-op online, there should be no issues sharing in game audio. WWE2K17 was able to allow all the sounds during shareplay and youtube streaming, and just cut out the entrance music.

This is a crippling issue for how I like to use this game, and like I mentioned before there were NO issues doing this on NBA2k16. Please relay this to the Dev's or whomever to consider addressing this issue via a future patch. If there is no resolution then you have definitely lost me as a furure customer, and I feel ripped off after spending $60 on this game and another $20 on a subsequent VC purchace.

Thanks for getting back to us here at 2K Support.

I truly understand your position, especially since you do not share content on streaming platform such as Youtube or Twitch. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do here at 2K Support, as this "feature" as been implemented by developers as design. So it's very unlickely that they plan to release a fix on that matter unfortunately.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, I hope we can get you to play again.

If you have any other 2K-related question, please feel free to contact me, I'll do my best to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Marceau O. 2K Support

If that's the case, then I beg the question once more, what was so "unspecial" about 2k16 that copyrights wasn't an issue? Someone get in touch with Marceau O. from 2k support strictly about 2k16 and why the audio portion worked perfectly fine.

If it's strictly music that's the issue, it's time for the audio engineer to either disable music strictly during streaming or PS4 sharing and completely leave the other audio portion be.

Or better yet, get consent from the musicians/artists. Every single time 2k drafts a contractual agreement with the artist for the rights to use their music in NBA2k, get a release for PS4/XBOX sharing and streaming.

Bringing in my earlier quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
So what's the reasoning behind why 2k16's audio share feature works on the PS4?

Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-14-2017 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Decided to browse the web for other games without audio PS4 share support and came across this on reddit regarding 2k's audio.

If that's the case, then I beg the question once more, what was so "unspecial" about 2k16 that copyrights wasn't an issue? Someone get in touch with Marceau O. from 2k support strictly about 2k16 and why the audio portion worked perfectly fine.

If it's strictly music that's the issue, it's time for the audio engineer to either disable music strictly during streaming or PS4 sharing and completely leave the other audio portion be.

Or better yet, get consent from the musicians/artists. Every single time 2k drafts a contractual agreement with the artist for the rights to use their music in NBA2k, get a release for PS4/XBOX sharing and streaming.

Bringing in my earlier quote:

This is unbelievable what a joke there!!! I want to ask that what are you doing with all that $$$$$$ you earn from us for this non-sense!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »