Home

Which System?

This is a discussion on Which System? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Which System?

I'm not a regular buyer of NBA 2K. I pick it up every other year since 2K14. I got 2K16 on PC, and despite bugs at the beginning, I enjoyed it. I later played 2K16 on a console and found out that you could only make 3 or 4 custom uniform sets in MyLeague, as where on PC, you could make as many as you wanted. This is sort of a big deal for me, since a major reason I buy the game is because of the customization. I don't play online. Just MyGM and MyLeague offline.

I plan to get the Switch version a bit later on, because I love the idea of MyGM on the go, but I also want to get the game on launch day. PS4 is out of the question because of my HDD space and because I prefer not to play sports games on it (ruined a few controllers).

So I've narrowed it down between X1 and PC. I know this decision is personal preference, but I wanted to here from y'all so that I can consider things I may not know about/may not have thought about. Will consoles allow you to create more uniform sets than just a handful? I have the Steam Link for PC, which works great most of the time, but not all of the time, so getting it on X1 would be more of a convenience thing for playing it on the couch.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which System?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I'm not a regular buyer of NBA 2K. I pick it up every other year since 2K14. I got 2K16 on PC, and despite bugs at the beginning, I enjoyed it. I later played 2K16 on a console and found out that you could only make 3 or 4 custom uniform sets in MyLeague, as where on PC, you could make as many as you wanted. This is sort of a big deal for me, since a major reason I buy the game is because of the customization. I don't play online. Just MyGM and MyLeague offline.

I plan to get the Switch version a bit later on, because I love the idea of MyGM on the go, but I also want to get the game on launch day. PS4 is out of the question because of my HDD space and because I prefer not to play sports games on it (ruined a few controllers).

So I've narrowed it down between X1 and PC. I know this decision is personal preference, but I wanted to here from y'all so that I can consider things I may not know about/may not have thought about. Will consoles allow you to create more uniform sets than just a handful? I have the Steam Link for PC, which works great most of the time, but not all of the time, so getting it on X1 would be more of a convenience thing for playing it on the couch.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
As a person who has himself a PC and an X1, I understand where you're coming from. I'm an offline guy too (MyLeague) and, for that alone, I would highly recommend the PC. The mods are well worth it, and the roster creators/draft class guys, though not as many, are still quite good.

PLUS, like you stated, there's only so much you can do on a console -- on PC, you have a good deal more things you can do. Roster editors also make it easy to change ages/faces of players, and the cyber-face mods are really solid as well. Considering how it (appears) CAP creations are going to be without face sculpting this year (but the CAP preset faces will look much more human like and not mutant caveman like it has been for years), I think PC is where you want to be if you wish to have a MyLeague that's free of some of the limitations you'll find on the consoles.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

First off I own all 3 consoles and pc.. I'm personally getting the ps4 pro digital download.. Xbox one download to play now and then on Xbox one x because those 2 systems are where my friends are

Ps4 pro because ps4 severs were better on 2k17 than they were for Xbox.

Switch if you play on the go

Pc if you playing my career as primary mode and want best performance version of the game

XBOX one/one s if you have more friends on Xbox and don't care about 4k version

Xbox one x it if you want best looking/performance console version. (servers TBD)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by whatitisinsports; 09-03-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
Banned

Enso's Arena

Apple, Zinger is on the cover yo
Old 09-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #5
Rookie

PS4 because it's the best system. No debate, that's just a fact
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #6
MVP

If you're not going to play online at all and customization matters most to you, for MyLeague and such, then PC is a no-brainer. Assuming you can work out the cabling considerations to play it where you want to play it.

I've been meaning to play MyLeague primarily since 2K15, but MyTeam always sucks me in, so I'm moving to PS4 because of player population.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »