Home

How do you feel about having to use VC to acquire new hairstyles

This is a discussion on How do you feel about having to use VC to acquire new hairstyles within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #121
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you feel about having to use VC to acquire new hairstyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Sorry that this "Smear campaign" as you interpret it, causes you to be feel like you must defend them at every turn.

Some people aren't as willing to bend over and roll over like others are. Apparently, others are tied to a game company like it's their own family.
Well when some people would rather bash 2k at every turn...

... you know over which classic teams "take the spots of others", MyCareer, the Neighborhood, haircuts.... can't wait for the next thing you're enraged about *stays tuned*

Last edited by MoodMuzik; 09-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #122
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
Well when some people would rather bash 2k at every turn...

... you know over which classic teams "take the spots of others", MyCareer, the Neighborhood, haircuts.... can't wait for the next thing you're enraged about *stays tuned*
See, your words tell on yourself. Bashing? Your strong feelings and attachment to this company is truly remarkable. You seem to feel compelled to go after anybody who is remotely critical, even in threads where it doesn't even apply. THAT is what gets you to be up in arms? I apologize that people who question the status quo upsets you so much.

Pretty sad that this is all you're able to contribute.

I've got no desire to continue any more back and forth with you. You derailed the thread enough because you don't want to read and understand other people who feel differently. I was able to communicate with others, even if they feel differently, because they actually have something substantial to say. Respond to this if you want so you can get the last useless word in, don't really care.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #123
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
See, your words tell on yourself. Bashing? Your strong feelings and attachment to this company is truly remarkable. You seem to feel compelled to go after anybody who is remotely critical, even in threads where it doesn't even apply. THAT is what gets you to be up in arms? I apologize that people who question the status quo upsets you so much.

Pretty sad that this is all you're able to contribute.

I've got no desire to continue any more back and forth with you. You derailed the thread enough because you don't want to read and understand other people who feel differently. I was able to communicate with others, even if they feel differently, because they actually have something substantial to say. Respond to this if you want so you can get the last useless word in, don't really care.
1) You seem to be the one with the agenda, going after this game over anything you can be remotely critical about
2) You're the one throwing out personal attacks, which would mean you're the one that's getting upset.
3) You're the one that can't read as I've stated countless times you can have any opinion you want, but should learn to voice it in a constructive manner.
4) Lol "last useless word in" like you've been trying to get this entire time by quoting me every time I post?
Old 09-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #124
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Dear 2K and to whom it may concern,

Congratulations on another profitable year! Your units sold continue to increase and you continue to build your brand through public events like the Pro Am Tournament - eLeagues is next!

In this thread, I personally speak to you as an enthusiast for the aesthetic part of your game. I utilize your shoe editor and I'm very familiar with the items in 2K store. That said, this charge of 1,000 VC for a haircut is a buzz kill for me. It's just, I would enjoy getting a haircut more than others - I'm not average here. I could side with 100 VC easily and get 10 different cuts per week considering how often I might choose to fix up my character.

It may seem obsessive and 10 haircuts a week is an exaggeration but let me clarify. I have all my player slots maxed in 17. I have a different look for each one and when running with my squads: we change our fits on a daily. Sometimes it's an NBA player I want to appear as. One day I'm appearing like Lonzo, the next it might be Vince Carter or Baron Davis.

What I would appreciate is a middle ground with benefits like you do with Jump Shot Creator (JSC) and the Shoe customizations through Endorsements. You pay for a jumper but once you progress into your career: you unlock the JSC which allows you to now customize for free so in effect you can actually replicate those same paid jumpers for free. You did the same with shoe endorsements. We pay for shoes but get them free once we unlock the endorsements. We can then progress into those contracts and start purchasing customized shoes for free!

***I used up every shoe creation slot in the shoe editor! I'd love to be able to show off these designs like you are promoting with the t-shirts!***

The above is a huge Win! What I'd appreciate with these haircuts is a similar token of appreciation. It's like a prestige bonus but my idea is to unlock free haircuts as a reward when you hit a certain overall. This overall recognizes you as homies with, Ice Cube, the barber. Ice will hook you up with free cuts because you proved, "You are That Guy, That Man!"

Nothing too serious ya know... but the 1k VC charge for a cut is a buzz kill for us appearance folks who care about our appearances as much as we do our performances, as my boy Prime would say, "Look good, feel good; feel good, play good; play good, get Paid good!"

Now, I don't expect these prices to stay but I don't expect the price for cuts to increase either. By the way, good looks on the bonus VC you offer in 17 - I hope they are still there in 18!

Thank you if you even made it this far, 2K and whomever it may concern!

Sincerely,

Mr. Hanzsome Hanz

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 09-06-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:45 PM   #125
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I understand guys not wanting to pay for the haircuts but to say they aren't "free" is wrong. Unless you consider playing 2K a job as opposed to entertainment.

Then the time = money argument means that you're paying $60/100/150 for the game + whatever time you invest. So potentially tens of thousands of dollars.
Except the issue is playing as a 55 overall or having to go out of your way specifically to earn VC are intentionally made grindy and annoying by 2K to encourage people to just say "screw it, this sucks" and then go ahead and spend real money.

2K doesn't feel like work when you've finally got all the attributes / badges / accessories you want, but it's adding all the extra charges to get to that point we are discussing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 04:02 AM   #126
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

^^^ Funny because every single second you spend as a Myplayer this year contradicts that statement but each his own.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #127
Banned

lilkoolaid's Arena

Quote:
You seem to be pretty obsessed with how old people are.

But since you seem a little young yourself, I'll help you figure it out.

The older somebody gets, the more valuable time is.

Do ever think once before posting anything? Or does all your thought going into making your posts red?

Also, you make posts like this. Please check yourself when saying other people "cry" and you think are teens.

It would obviously be silly to say that playing a game is anything like a job.

I think it's just to point out that time is something. And as I've said many, many, many times, and the OP himself (For those who choose to read what they want), this is what the topic is mainly about as he made this a few posts above mine:

30 minutes isn't that much especially to folk who play this frequently. Neither is 1000 VC. But this is about hey, where is this headed? Is 2k going to start charging us a fee to enter games? "250 VC to enter a game so people have less incentive to quit and more incentive to play better!" Because I totally see the scenario where that happens and people here still defend them anyways.

I'm just perplexed as to why there seems to be a crowd who is so passionate about shouting down people who aren't in favor of this, as if having more things behind a paywall benefits them...
Quote:
I don't like to be grammar and spelling police. But if you're 30, type this way, sound this way, and call other people out for sounding like teens, then you should be profoundly embarrassed and do a self-check.

If you don't care, that's fine. Nobody is asking you to care about the opinions of others as much as you do. You seem to like to say people cry a lot. How about you stop crying about other people who are concerned about this matter?

Also, when you say "VC is free you people just dont have the patient bcoz you to excited to be the first one in online having a better rating so stop with the BS"

Literally nobody in this thread talked about that. At all.

Sorry that this "Smear campaign" as you interpret it, causes you to be feel like you must defend them at every turn.

Some people aren't as willing to bend over and roll over like others are. Apparently, others are tied to a game company like it's their own family.
oh now you a grammar police. my bad, should i type perfectly next time as you understand it anyway.

^^^ then why are you crying paying for a haircut that is not even a real money????? you alright kid????
Old 09-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #128
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

People have said their opinions and we're going in circles and it's starting to get personal so this is a good time to lock it up

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »