Home

NBA 2K18 Gameplay | All Time Bulls vs All Time Pistons & Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Gameplay | All Time Bulls vs All Time Pistons & Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2017, 05:02 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Gameplay | All Time Bulls vs All Time Pistons & Thunder

Weird seeing both Bulls defenders back away from their assignments at 3:19. Gotta be a bug
Old 09-04-2017, 06:25 AM   #34
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Weird seeing both Bulls defenders back away from their assignments at 3:19. Gotta be a bug
I noticed Pip drop right back on the first J of the game by Grant Hill. Just checked and yep, that's the one you're also referencing.

It looks very similar to the defensive movement Strawberryshortcake pointed out (Derrick Rose moving before an inbound in the vid a couple days ago). Similar to a Sloan movement which I saw in the same vid.

There definitely appears to be a couple of bugs on AI defensive movement which I am surprised hasn't generated more talk around here, but I am certain will generate a lot (post release).

These issues probably concern me the most. Would love to have some clarification on them from someone (day 1 patch fix perhaps?). Of all the things I've seen, these issues probably bug me the most.

Not game breaking, but of the most concern because I know I will feel very helpless if/when it happens.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:46 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 9

As a person who has never used the shot meter, i love where it's newly positioned on the head for the ones that uses the meter, it's much more organic and let you see the elbow and the wrist of the player when shooting so it would be much nicer feeling when shooting even the meter is on. Good job Mike, thank you very much. (I'd still rather it would all gone and solely feedback.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #36
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

User misses a free throw (Rodman) and the AI didn't seem to attempt a fast break on this.

Noticed MJ was waiting at the defensive FT line while the bigs got back (safety).

Encouraging.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I noticed Pip drop right back on the first J of the game by Grant Hill. Just checked and yep, that's the one you're also referencing.

It looks very similar to the defensive movement Strawberryshortcake pointed out (Derrick Rose moving before an inbound in the vid a couple days ago). Similar to a Sloan movement which I saw in the same vid.

There definitely appears to be a couple of bugs on AI defensive movement which I am surprised hasn't generated more talk around here, but I am certain will generate a lot (post release).

These issues probably concern me the most. Would love to have some clarification on them from someone (day 1 patch fix perhaps?). Of all the things I've seen, these issues probably bug me the most.

Not game breaking, but of the most concern because I know I will feel very helpless if/when it happens.
Yeap, but hopefully such suggestions and posts pointing out the bugs/flaws can make their way to the OG thread. While I do know that devs and producer do happen to check the forums it would be more organized to have them all center/concentrated on one thread, so they can target them easier and can see the recurrence.

Once/if I can get a free time from work, will try and do a copy/paste to that thread.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:01 AM   #38
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Yeap, but hopefully such suggestions and posts pointing out the bugs/flaws can make their way to the OG thread. While I do know that devs and producer do happen to check the forums it would be more organized to have them all center/concentrated on one thread, so they can target them easier and can see the recurrence.

Once/if I can get a free time from work, will try and do a copy/paste to that thread.
Yep - I worked with strawberryshortcake on getting the Pippen spaz out GIF'd onto his thread.

I've also tweeted OG about all of these - just to see if he can provide some feedback.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #39
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
This is going to sound like a nitpick but I long haven't been fond of some of the layup decisions the computer makes (or user if the approach is left up to the computer to decide based on context).

At 3:35, Joe Dumars breaks into the open floor and clearly gets a step to the right of a retreating Michael Jordan, toward Dumars' strong hand.

Considering the edge Dumars has, he should be finishing strong on the right side, likely at the rim and/or backboard. Instead, Dumars decides to plant his right foot and attempt a left-handed floating layup right in front of Michael Jordan's hands and body. It's a needlessly risky shot considering the natural alternative.

Something similar occurred at 8:13. Artis Gilmore catches and has all the room he needs to finish strong toward the baseline.

Instead, he opts to try to power through and decides the right play would be to elevate high enough for his forearm to be at rim level, only to laser a layup attempt at the backboard from the front of the rim, which he misses.

Even the open layups sometimes feel and look a lot less natural than they should. Uncontested finishes beneath or near the hoop sometimes seem to be thrown up near the high glass way more often than they should, as well.

In addition, it seems like I've seen a lot of blatant travels through these first few videos. Any sort of extended move stringing and/or planting after picking up one's dribble appears to dramatically increase the chances of your player lifting their pivot foot with impunity.
Nothing wrong with nitpicking at all. This is what OS is for. If we didn't nitpick then we would not have gotten so much in the game as we have Keep finding things

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 07:11 AM   #40
Banned

I'm not sure how I feel about this, I really liked 2k movements the way it was, I didn't have a problem controlling my player, getting stuck or any of the other things people complained about. I understood 2k momentum system and how to use the space to do the moves I wanted or pictured doing before I actually pulled it off.

But it seems as if 2k is catering to the people that didn't understand the things I've mentioned. I just hope this is similar to the 2k I know and love.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »