Home

Problem with shooting in 2k17, is it just me or?

This is a discussion on Problem with shooting in 2k17, is it just me or? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #17
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Problem with shooting in 2k17, is it just me or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Real% should be the only thing online especially with lag playing a big role. It's the #1 reason I stay offline, I cannot stand the lag on my shots.

And to anyone complaining about not 3%.. I am thinking you are just taking dumb shots, because in my experience 3's go down at to high of a rate than I would like. To the guy who said he goes 2-20 woth 1 player... ya you're just taking to many 3's and if you were able to shoot 20 3's with one guy they are probably bad shots.
That was me.

And I do player lock which is basically coach mode and I wasn't controlling those players, the CPU was. And yes, sometimes they would take that many 3's. And many were open shots off pick n rolls, bad help defense, etc.

I usually would play Position Lock to the PF position and do screens, make passes and do some post ups, but I would let my cpu teammates do the 3 shooting. Kevin Love, Klay Thompson, Korver, etc.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #18
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Problem with shooting in 2k17, is it just me or?

It is much easier to get an open look from 3 in 2k compared to the actual NBA. This is generally down to poor rotation logic. I, for one, will not pass up an open 3 with a good shooter. So to shoot 10-20 3's with someone is not out of the realm of possibility for me depending on the game length.

To answer OP's question I think 2k put more emphasis on the impact of hot/cold zones and badges this year. I had the same problem even on Real FG% until I focused on these two things. I stay away from cold zones like the plague and make sure the players on my team have the proper shooting and playmaking badges. Honestly, I really wish 2k would give percentages regarding the impact these have because there is too much mystery behind something that is so important to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »