Home

No Tayshaun Prince on '04 Pistons

This is a discussion on No Tayshaun Prince on '04 Pistons within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #9
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Tayshaun Prince on '04 Pistons

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think some of these players get stuck in license purgatory. They're no longer playing basketball but they're not officially retired yet either. As such, as another poster mentioned (sorry for not remembering which one of you it was), a player's spot within the NBAPA may expire before they officially retire, meaning they'd need to be individually negotiated with for their likeness. This process is presumably more complicated than 2K just having free access to any likenesses in the NBAPA.

I'm bummed, but as I've said numerous times in recent days, I'm glad the team is still included, particularly with a number of their rivals finally making an appearance (2000's Nets and 2004 Lakers). If create-a-players can end up looking anything like this in 2K18, I think I'll be able to be satisfied with manually filling out the roster myself.

(Screenshot looks worse than actual product):

I feel as though there's an outside shot at Prince returning to the game after release. It seemed there were a number of classic players last year who were either removed or not present who came on board after Day 1 (Steve Nash, most prominently).
From pretty much everything i've seen and heard about, the CAP system has been severely reduced in 2k18 to the point where you just choose a preset head and are only able to morph a few of the features on the head such as nose, lips, hair, etc.

Looks like no more complete facial sculpting like there was last year which means CAPs like this will be pretty much impossible to make. Basically it looks like the CAP System you get in Madden or NBA Live
Old 09-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #10
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Man, really sucks. Tayshaun was my favorite player on that team.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #11
Rookie

Let's wait and see if some of these guys get patched in tbh. We've seen guys not be in initially in the past and then show up in an update like Steve Nash...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
From pretty much everything i've seen and heard about, the CAP system has been severely reduced in 2k18 to the point where you just choose a preset head and are only able to morph a few of the features on the head such as nose, lips, hair, etc.

Looks like no more complete facial sculpting like there was last year which means CAPs like this will be pretty much impossible to make. Basically it looks like the CAP System you get in Madden or NBA Live
Now that would suck..
Old 09-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #13
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
Tayshaun is apart of the grizzlies front office now, sucks that he isnt in the game.
Ahhhh yes, I had totally forgotten about that.

Like I had forgotten that Tyreke Evans is on Memphis.........
Old 09-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Hopefully, there is a signature shot animation that resembles Prince's. Prince without his shooting form, is not Prince.
In the past, the game has generally been pretty good about leaving in the animations of players who leave the game. It hasn't always held true but I have a few specific memories of specializing a created Chris Webber with his signature jumper and free throw from the year prior. I also recall the "Round" package for Charles Barkley.

That's kind of the saving grace with Prince, hopefully. His shot and look is so distinct that creating a player with some of the big things looking kind of right can help bridge that gap between his real likeness and whatever we can create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65

I've heard of this news. I'll be really bummed if our creative abilities are severely handicapped. My hope is there's still some room to make a mostly recognizable classic player.

To be completely honest, it's a fine line for me. I want the best create-a-player possible but I'm also more than willing to make the best of what we're given. Just don't take away my 2004 Pistons, even if 2K18's created Rasheed doesn't look as good as the 2K17 edition.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #15
Rookie

2k definitely toning down CAP on purpose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #16
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Disappointing. That team is kind of pointless without Prince and Sheed. Banking on the roster community to fill out these rosters. Hopefully the CAP system leads to some solid creations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »