Home

read this before picking which version you preorder.

This is a discussion on read this before picking which version you preorder. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #9
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: read this before picking which version you preorder.

this is why I made this thread...people seriously do not understand how this works with the preorder versions! I will break it down for you.

$60 base version =5k VC

$100 legends edition = 100k total VC

$150 legends GOLD edition = 250k Total VC

Buying VC directly inside 2k game gets you more VC than if you spent the extra $40 for the legends edition or the extra $90 for the Legends Gold editions.

$40= 150k VC vs 100k VC in legends bonus

$90= 350k VC vs 250k vc in legends gold bonus.

I can not spell it out for you guys any more clearly than that...

if you do not care about the my team bonus...only the vc...you get more vc going this route!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vc costs.jpg (207.8 KB, 372 views)

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 09-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #10
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

OVR: 0

I preordered the base digital game and will buy vc when needed same as i do every year, not much of a myteam player either, and if i do like myteam this year well then i can always buy a pack if needed.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #11
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
you are not getting 250k vc extra...you are getting 250k vc total!! for 90$ more than the 60$ version.

if you spent 80$ inside the 2k store on vc..you would get 300k in vc...

you just dont get the myteam packs, the gear your my player prolly wont wear for more than a week...and other pointless items
Just don't buy it. Everybody here can read. You're prefacing this as some profound source of knowledge that's hidden from the community and it's not. It's general information. We know exactly what's included in every edition of the game. I play MyTeam more than any other mode, so yes I bought the $150 version, but even if I didn't, maybe I'm a Lakers fan, or just like the color gold. I'm the one who goes to work everyday of the week so if I want to spend my money on that, mind your business?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #12
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Just don't buy it. Everybody here can read. You're prefacing this as some profound source of knowledge that's hidden from the community and it's not. It's general information. We know exactly what's included in every edition of the game. I play MyTeam more than any other mode, so yes I bought the $150 version, but even if I didn't, maybe I'm a Lakers fan, or just like the color gold. I'm the one who goes to work everyday of the week so if I want to spend my money on that, mind your business?
dude...you are an idiot!! 100% dumbest response I have ever read!

last year we spent 80$ for 100k vc...this year its $100 bucks for the same amount of vc...

and you know what..i was about to buy it until I looked at how much it would cost to buy 100k of vc inside the game because I dont care about the my team stuff. once i saw i could get more for the same amount of money i pre ordered the base version.

this was just info for people who dont like my team or play it. but were going to pre order for the vc bonus like last year.

if i hadnt looked up the costs myself I wouldnt have known...and i imagine others people wouldnt either....

all this post was, was an attempt to help others out and put some info out there..

and you tell my to mind my own business....

GTFO!!

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 09-04-2017, 09:15 PM   #13
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Or everyone just buys the regular version and then buys no VC afterwards, so that 2k stops that microtransaction crap in future games...
LOL 2k did not start the microtranstion game and if you think it's going to end anythime soon you are nuts, as long as people have the option to upgrade their player faster through VC people will take advantage of it so that they can compete on the court. I think last year was the first time i bought VC and it was my choice not 2K forcing me to.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:24 PM   #14
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

Everyone can look at what 2k offers and make an informed decision based on their budget. Do you know how much VC will cost in 2k18? Has it been consistent through all the years?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:45 PM   #15
Pro

Standard edition, not gonna spend time/money on myteam. Will just play it casually.

I wont spend money on vc this year. 2k getting too greedy for my liking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 09:51 PM   #16
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
Standard edition, not gonna spend time/money on myteam. Will just play it casually.

I wont spend money on vc this year. 2k getting too greedy for my liking.
man i am with you....but you really cant be relevant in online pro am or the neighborhood unless you do...

and it will take a ton of games being played in my leage to get enough vc to make your guy decent...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »