Home

read this before picking which version you preorder.

This is a discussion on read this before picking which version you preorder. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 02:28 AM   #25
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2
read this before picking which version you preorder.

Great thread op. Some of these dudes have the "defend 2k at all cost" syndrome.

I was cool with the preorder system for the extra vc but the fact that the price for everything has gone up is disgusting. The more they make, the more greedy they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 02:54 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: read this before picking which version you preorder.

If you only play my career and only need vc to upgrade your attributes then def buy the base version and buy vc separately.

If you are into myteam and primarily play it going into the long run, then I think it's def worth buying the legend gold edition if you don't mind dishing out money. On top of the extra 250k vc you also get 30 additional myteam packs weekly. Each pack costs about 5500 vc so 30 packs is about 150k+ vc. Not to mention you also get ruby Shaq and ruby dwade and they are a dynamic duo boosting Shaq to an amethyst overall. That's a pretty big edge at the launch of the game for at least a month to two months if not more which is when other amethysts start getting released.

Given all those points, it def makes sense to get the legend gold edition because you do get equivalent amount of vc for the extra money you drop in terms of packs and vc combined. And you also get Shaq and dwade if you care for that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 03:01 AM   #27
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Considering the price for all of VC packages has low key gone up every year AND you get less VC on top of that I wouldn't put it past 2K to hike prices or severely nerf the amount per package... idk if y'all play GTA but this is the same parent company behind Shark Cards in GTA where 100$ gets you 3 mill in a game where outfits alone in a single DLC is upwards of 60 mill.
The companion app matching game used to have 500 VC cards, and on a good day where you had 3 of those you'd get 3000. Now it's 250 being the highest and half the time, you get some useless 50 VC card for the card game in the app that I never play anyways.

Jumpers and dribble animations used to be free...and I believe in 2k16 they started charging VC for those. I am also pretty sure the full cost of upgrading your player to its max also got more expensive.

This year they start charging VC for haircuts, and we aren't sure yet how progression works and how much it will cost to upgrade a player to whatever the initial max is.

Makes me wonder what they got in store for next year.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:18 AM   #28
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

I don't pre-order
Old 09-05-2017, 04:56 AM   #29
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Honestly, I just want Shaq on my cover if we’re keeping it real.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-05-2017, 04:56 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Or everyone just buys the regular version and then buys no VC afterwards, so that 2k stops that microtransaction crap in future games...
Would love to see this or at least quicken the process. Especially with esports, shouldn't it be the best SKILLS not the best/highest ovr character. It shouldn't be the battle of no-lifer's, it should be the battle of skills. I see so many bad shots, but since the guy has hall of fame sharpshooter, it goes in - so he thinks he's good at the game lol.

At the same time, 2K doesn't seem to waste the revenue more VC brings in. They're always innovative, so we see things like an open world in a sports game. Any other sports game even close to that? So I don't mind payin a little extra when the amount of stuff in the game is big.

Last edited by Keith01; 09-05-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #31
Banned

I pity the fools that buy "these special editions" of a game for twice the money.

Unless I get extra content (likes maps in fps, new cars in racing game, etc) then I aint spending more cash for useless stuff like shirts and socks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #32
Pro

Yeah This is why I just stick to Myleague. I'm not about to buy this game 4-5 times over trying to build a MyPlayer and compete in MyTeam. 2K comes out every year and VC doesn't carry over (Still got 150+ VC on 2K16 that's useless to me now).

It's not even just 2K, it's gaming in general. Look if they need to raise the games base price, then do that, but don't trick me into thinking i'm getting a full game when in reality i'm barely getting half of one. Gaming has become a dark place fellas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »