Home

MyCareer What team you going with???

This is a discussion on MyCareer What team you going with??? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer What team you going with???

So I thought about it even moreso than in last post.

PG: Ball
SG:KCP
SF: Ingram
PF: Randle
C: Brook Lopez
---
PG: Ennis
SG:Me 6'6 Shot creator / post offense
SF: Deng
PF: Nance Jr
C: Zubac

I can lead the second unit in my first season with the Lakers with something like 9pts, 2 rebounds, 2 assists on 45/24/80 shooting splits. That would actually be decent.

First season I upgrade my athleticism, mid range and inside game. No dribling, bad passing, no 3pt shot, no defense.

Second season I add dribling so I can use triple threat effectively and add defense. I am still without a pass and no 3pt shot. 14/3/2 on 46/27/82 shooting splits.

Third season I am gonna add a 3pt shot and a pass. Hopefully this means that I am at 85-89 overall (NO VC buying, pure grind) at the all star break in third season and I get my first all-star game. Finish the season on 20-5-4 on 48/33/82 shooting splits.

I will NOT force it. I have Ball, Ingram, Randle and Brook Lopez who all can score and I am just gonna take a back seat those first few years, let Ball, Ingram develop and in my third season I expect big breakout from all three of us.

Hopefully I am not put too fast in starting lineup with 65 rating or something like taht.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 01:22 PM   #42
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

my knicks, porzingis compliments my playstyle too
Old 09-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #43
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

Going to be a scoring wing. Will include to the rebuild process with the young core of Frank, Hardaway Jr, Hernangomez, and Porzingis. I will most likely be a SF taking Carmelo's spot.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #44
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I want to go to the Knicks first and foremost since, they're my favorite team.

Otherwise, I'm going to a contender. I'm not into the whole carrying a team nonsense this year lol. Send me to one of the top teams in the league with a legit star or two like Cleveland, Houston, OKC, Minnesota etc. Just not Golden State that wouldn't be fair lol.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:40 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I want to go to the Knicks first and foremost since, they're my favorite team.

Otherwise, I'm going to a contender. I'm not into the whole carrying a team nonsense this year lol. Send me to one of the top teams in the league with a legit star or two like Cleveland, Houston, OKC, Minnesota etc. Just not Golden State that wouldn't be fair lol.
I think for the contender route there is a lot of good options for builds. Spurs and a PG. I'm thinking a Playmaking Sharp would be the best build for that team. Cavs and a SG. It would have to a Sharp Defender. Rockets fit would be a SF(Ariza could be good 7th man) or PF/C. Celtics and Center. I think a Defending Rebounder. Wizards and a Center. I think a Post Scoring Defender would be a good fit. Raptors and a SF. They mostly try to go with a 3 & D wing so that seems like the way to go.

Since I'm a Offline player, i want to go for a more challenging route. I don't want to carry a team, but want that 1-2 punch on a young team. So glad last few years, teammates have gotten better. Few years ago teammates were terrible and pretty much everyone had average 40 points a game to win games. Now you can rely on teammates. There isn't really a young team(not full rebuild) I'm interested in for my Shot Creator/LDD SG for 1st season. I don't want to start over a established vet. Only young teams that legit needs a SG is Hawks, Nets, Mavericks(not really young) Lakers, and Knicks. Out of those teams I'm interested in the Knicks and Mavs. Knicks only if Melo is traded, pair up with KP. Mavs could be a good option, but not sure for the 1st season, maybe after Dirk retires. Since I'm not sure, I'm leaning towards going the veteran team(not contender). I think a good option for me is the Clippers or Grizzlies. I would say OKC, but they're a contender and I think a Sharp Defender is a better fit. I'm leaning towards Clippers. They don't really have a starting SG (Lou Will as a 6th man). I could just focus on improving my player without focusing on stats. I think that would be a good defensive team. Then for second season sign with a young that had a high draft pick. So Mavs or Knicks could be option for second season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 01:44 AM   #46
Rookie

un4gettable fire's Arena

I'm planning on playing PF with the Wolves and if I do a second character, a playmaking PG for the Suns.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:50 AM   #47
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

For my LDD/Slasher SG I will probably go with the Pelicans. I am a fan of both Davis and Cousins and they could really use some guard help. My second build will most likely be Post/Paint protector or paint protector/athletic finisher and I'll head over to the Celtics to try and make one of the most storied franchises a perennial contender.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:52 AM   #48
Rookie

really depends on what position, size, etc I end up wanting to play with.

Prefer Bulls, Knicks, Philly, Phoenix

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »