Home

NBA 2K18 Looks to Blur Lines of Gaming with The Neighborhood

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Looks to Blur Lines of Gaming with The Neighborhood within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #33
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K18 Looks to Blur Lines of Gaming with The Neighborhood

Allow me to clarify a little bit of what I know about load times. From what I was told (severe paraphrasing here), only certain parts of Neighborhood will load for you at one time as it would be a waste to have you wait for everything, as others have mentioned. Each part of the Neighborhood can hold x amount of guys, and as you leave one area, you "unload" yourself to free up a spot for someone else, and you'd then enter a new area taking up one of those spots.

I am not 100% certain, but I get the impression that there may be more than one Neighborhood universe. Again, speculating as I'm not entirely sure, but it would make sense when you're talking about thousands and thousands of gamers trying to be in the same place at one time.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:19 AM   #34
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Allow me to clarify a little bit of what I know about load times. From what I was told (severe paraphrasing here), only certain parts of Neighborhood will load for you at one time as it would be a waste to have you wait for everything, as others have mentioned. Each part of the Neighborhood can hold x amount of guys, and as you leave one area, you "unload" yourself to free up a spot for someone else, and you'd then enter a new area taking up one of those spots.

I am not 100% certain, but I get the impression that there may be more than one Neighborhood universe. Again, speculating as I'm not entirely sure, but it would make sense when you're talking about thousands and thousands of gamers trying to be in the same place at one time.
i just saw Gento's vid and he said you can immediately play your mycareer games one after the other, which is PERFECT.

I guess that means we can grind badges in the gym in one go too, if we wanna put that work in.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #35
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
i just saw Gento's vid and he said you can immediately play your mycareer games one after the other, which is PERFECT.

I guess that means we can grind badges in the gym in one go too, if we wanna put that work in.
Yes, the entire experience of your MyPlayer is all connected and worked on simultaneously in your Road to 99. Sorry, I thought folks were aware of that already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 08:36 AM   #36
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Yes, the entire experience of your MyPlayer is all connected and worked on simultaneously in your Road to 99. Sorry, I thought folks were aware of that already.
we have ZERO information tbh.

All we know is that there is a neighbourhood and it is a hub of park, pro am and mycareer.

a blog or some information would be greatly appreciated as we still don't know how we will be able to check our actual player attributes, or whether the story is linear or determined by things you do in the prelude, how your OVR affects your story, whether we can get to 99 playing offline only, etc. etc.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #37
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K18 Looks to Blur Lines of Gaming with The Neighborhood

"Road to 99" - Sometime back I swear I saw a video stating road to 99 will lead into 2k19. Just want to ask the community if anyone saw a video that talks about myplayer and showing there's a possibility of it being carried over to 2k19? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
"Road to 99" - Sometime back I swear I saw a video stating road to 99 will lead into 2k19. Just want to ask the community if anyone saw a video that talks about myplayer and showing there's a possibility of it being carried over to 2k19? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I have no info on this but I'm confident to say that hell no it will not carry over.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #39
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Red
The part about 2k potentially adding cars in a future version doesn't even sound absurd anymore. I have a feeling we'll look back at this Neighborhood thing in a year or 2 and be glad it was just for 2k18. If they do however expand on the idea and add more GTA type stuff like cars and property then people will want a bigger game world and guns and heist missions...

This franchise is generating a lot of money and they're dreaming big but it's a slippery slope
I hope it dont go that far, why not just play Grand theft Auto if you want that kind of crap. The NBA has had their share of trash thru the years, but for the most part the league has cleaned up the image of its players. So if they were to get too far out there away from basketball itself, the league might not look to kindly on that, so I dont think they will allow it to get to ghetto like, or the league office might have something to say.
With this whole Esports idea, I think they are looking to a future where, there is a video game basketball league, and grow it that way. Personally I would rather see humans playing with actual real teams, and real NBA players in a league type idea, but I got a feeling they are looking at aleague with your created MyPlayer. Possibly using real NBA teams, but instead of the NBA players, it will be all created MyPlayers in the league.
If that is indeed what they see in the future, it could be pretty cool, I wouldnt have any desire at my age to be in something like that, as I only play offline MyLeague, but I would watch a video basketball league. Granted I think this younger generation needs to get off their lazy rears, and get outside more, rather than sitting in front of a TV screen all day playing video games, but I will say a video basketball league, could possibly be a money maker, if done right that is.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #40
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Guess I have to play it but I don't understand the hype . Is there any NEW features other than the ability to walk around more ? I'm not bashing it just wondering .
Just seems to be more streamlined. Noticed a few new drills. Other than that seems to just all be in one place now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »