Home

NBA 2K18 Lakers vs Heat by ncnative94

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Lakers vs Heat by ncnative94 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #9
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Lakers vs Heat by ncnative94

I'm liking the toughness of the AI defense -- doesn't look cheap at all. Guys are playing the passing lanes, ball tangibility is causing juggled catches, and turnovers.

One issue that I saw was at the @15:32 mark: Dragic turns the ball over with a bullet pass inside the paint, the Lakers hit the fast break, and every Heat player runs to defend the paint -- I have four guys crowding the basket, no one protects the three point line, and Ingram nails an open triple.

It looked like, with Ball pushing the ball into the paint, every Heat defender got snagged by that action and the AI clustered them all up ... might have been a braindead moment by the AI, maybe something addressed by the Day 1 patch.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the user vs. AI gameplay this year -- in the last two iterations of the game, I've absolutely demolished the AI. It was too easy to figure them out, but this year they look like they'll be playing with some human-like unpredictability, which is a huge achievement, IMO.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #10
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I swear I hold my breath with every new 2k18 video that is released hoping that it is in broadcast cam view, I just can't watch this game from the 2k cam angle.

But this lack of sweat issue must be becuase these are older builds since we have seen so many screenshots and trailers with the sweat in the game.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:26 AM   #11
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm TIRED of hearing that generic GO (insert team) GO chant!! They need to update the chants for this game already!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I swear I hold my breath with every new 2k18 video that is released hoping that it is in broadcast cam view, I just can't watch this game from the 2k cam angle.

But this lack of sweat issue must be becuase these are older builds since we have seen so many screenshots and trailers with the sweat in the game.

2k is meant to be played in 2k cam to be honest. You can't really perform dribble moves well or necessarily go around screens efficiently in broadcast. I used to play on broadcast all the time and since i switched, screen and roll is easier now because i can close the gap between the screener and myself as i go around it. could never do that in broadcast.

Broadcast looks well but for competitive purposes, 2k is the best
Old 09-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I'm liking the toughness of the AI defense -- doesn't look cheap at all. Guys are playing the passing lanes, ball tangibility is causing juggled catches, and turnovers.

One issue that I saw was at the @15:32 mark: Dragic turns the ball over with a bullet pass inside the paint, the Lakers hit the fast break, and every Heat player runs to defend the paint -- I have four guys crowding the basket, no one protects the three point line, and Ingram nails an open triple.

It looked like, with Ball pushing the ball into the paint, every Heat defender got snagged by that action and the AI clustered them all up ... might have been a braindead moment by the AI, maybe something addressed by the Day 1 patch.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the user vs. AI gameplay this year -- in the last two iterations of the game, I've absolutely demolished the AI. It was too easy to figure them out, but this year they look like they'll be playing with some human-like unpredictability, which is a huge achievement, IMO.
It looks like the user was chased the ball with Winslow and got him out of position before switching to Whiteside. With that said fast breaks are some of the toughest things to defend and when the ball isn't stopped and there are multiple players trying to stop it, then there are going to be guys left open. Not to mention, I assume Dragic fell or something because he barely made it to the defensive end before the shot.

Anyway, can we please at least play the game ourselves before calling for patches? I can already see I'm going to have to take my game offline if we have guys asking for patches before the game is even released. Please don't take us into that never ending black hole of gameplay and slider adjustments again 2K! If it's a constant AI problem, yes, by all means, patch it. However, don't over compensate the AI for user error.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #14
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm TIRED of hearing that generic GO (insert team) GO chant!! They need to update the chants for this game already!!!
Yeah, I rolled my eyes HARD at that. Disappointing, but at least the crowd noise-level was consistent (and not dead) throughout the game. Definitely didn't sound like I was playing an empty gym, which is an improvement.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #15
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
It looks like the user was chased the ball with Winslow and got him out of position before switching to Whiteside. With that said fast breaks are some of the toughest things to defend and when the ball isn't stopped and there are multiple players trying to stop it, then there are going to be guys left open. Not to mention, I assume Dragic fell or something because he barely made it to the defensive end before the shot.

Anyway, can we please at least play the game ourselves before calling for patches? I can already see I'm going to have to take my game offline if we have guys asking for patches before the game is even released. Please don't take us into that never ending black hole of gameplay and slider adjustments again 2K! If it's a constant AI problem, yes, by all means, patch it. However, don't over compensate the AI for user error.

I'm not calling for a patch -- there is a Day 1 patch that will hit, according to Da_Czar (he said it improve things, at least in his view). Personally, I would like it if the game stayed as patch free as possible this year. (Under 5, preferably no more than 3, please).

The game should be allowed to stand on its own for awhile and I believe 2K fully intends to let it do that, barring a game-breaking exploit being found.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #16
Rookie

plyrically's Arena

OVR: 6

4:35- A packed American Airlines Arena, Lonzo's first game, the Heat are leading 4-0! Dragic finds Winslow for the crazy off hand tomahawk dunk - THE ROOF IS ABOUT TO BLOW! Well, NO. Total silence from the home crowd, which would be ERUPTING in real life. So damn unrealistic and just straight up deflating.

Winslow's dunk and the quick 6-0 start is overlooked by both the announcers and the crowd. I remember the sheer days of playing NBA 2K and obtaining an uncanny sense of satisfaction. I guess those days belong in the past. What's the point of pulling these dunks anyway if not for the roar of the crowd? smh.

I didn't even bother to continue watching, I want to hope (as a perennial customer on launch day) that the audio atmosphere will be somehow addressed to be on par with other features, but I don't think it will and I don't think I will be buying the game this year.
You won't always be the best shooter. You won't always be the best rebounder, or defender, either. What you can always do the best though, is play hard. Once you do that, Everything else will take care of itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »