Home

200,000 VC to upgrade player to 85

This is a discussion on 200,000 VC to upgrade player to 85 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 200,000 VC to upgrade player to 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
honestly, it's 'if you hate paying VC don't... buy the game.' Because if you buy the game and grind you are still adding to the problem. You are feeding vc to the people who paid for it and you are devoting many hours to a game that is basically exploiting its players. I could amend it, maybe, to 'don't... play online," but even then. It's the consumers who thought, "well, actually if you count an hour at work against the amount of hours I have to play to get x reward, it's totally a good deal!" that have ushered in this age of fleecing.

Glad to know it's like this. It will be interesting to see that point when people say 'enough is enough.'

-Smak
When people say enough is enough they will stop buying, and 2K will stop. It's called the "market". Obviously people are paying for VC in droves, so it will continue.

I actually agree with you. I hope all of these constant complainers of VC do not buy the game. It will make the forums much cleaner with tips, strategies, and suggestions rather than the yearly VC complaint. If VC was required, I understand; But it's not and the argument is getting old. I'm glad NBA Live will give others a viable alternative.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #74
Pro

Geolink's Arena

You have to play the game. You guys do know that, right?
Old 09-06-2017, 11:18 PM   #75
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
You have to play the game. You guys do know that, right?
People are rediculous with a evil cooperation BS buying VC is voluntary,2k does not have a gun to your head, you can earn VC by just playing quick games.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #76
Pro

Geolink's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
People are rediculous with a evil cooperation BS buying VC is voluntary,2k does not have a gun to your head, you can earn VC by just playing quick games.
Exactly.

How boring would it be to level up your player to a high 80/90 release date and not grind at least a little? You would get bored of the game real quick.

I understand a lot of people don't have time to grind like some, but that's part of the fun for us who don't give in and spend ridiculous money on VC. I'm sure it's the same way with RPGs and MMOs that are popular these days. People grind for their characters and get them at that level.

I also like to get good at the game as well when I grind.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #77
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
200,000 VC to upgrade player to 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Just because other companies also do it doesn't make it a good practice.

And 2k is very invasive with their VC requirements to get basic enjoyment from the game, to the point where they sacrifice realism in certain aspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

There is zero requirement to buy VC. I have never bought VC and I have enjoyed thousands of hours of 2K, including MyCareer. Guess that just means I'm more patient.

And my point is, y'all are witch hunting 2K as if they're some evil money sucking corporation facing off against a collection of generous and giving companies.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 09-06-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:29 PM   #78
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
Exactly.

How boring would it be to level up your player to a high 80/90 release date and not grind at least a little? You would get bored of the game real quick.

I understand a lot of people don't have time to grind like some, but that's part of the fun for us who don't give in and spend ridiculous money on VC. I'm sure it's the same way with RPGs and MMOs that are popular these days. People grind for their characters and get them at that level.

I also like to get good at the game as well when I grind.
The best part of 2k are those first few days when the game is new and fresh and learning the game over, to complain that 2k is asking too much for you to take a shortcut to rating you dont deserve is just ridiculous.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 PM   #79
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
There is zero requirement. I have never bought VC and I have enjoyed thousands of hours of 2K, including MyCareer. Guess that just means I'm more patient.

And my point is, y'all are witch hunting 2K as if they're some evil money sucking corporation facing off against a collection of generous and giving companies.

Zero requirement? VC is required to improve your player, and as of 2k17 at least, to gain access to accessories, animations, etc.

If you know of a way around that, I would love to hear it. I'd love to have an NBA caliber player from the start, and be able to choose my shooting animation without needing to play multiple games with a different one first.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-06-2017, 11:33 PM   #80
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

I'm all seriousness, this unproven notion that there is a shortage of VC, or scarcity of ways to get this virtual currency, when there's actually a plethora of not just VC but also the ways in which to get is false.

Especially with 2k now moving to The Neighborhood, now you don't even have to step on the beautiful hardwood court to gain VC.

Either youll gain VC from 4pt challenge, to Pro-Am, to King of the Court, to clicking the "click to accept this endorsement and earn VC" t even the damn Dave & Busters shootout carnival game (even that will give you earnings now, like seriously lol) im which to purchase your attributes to increase your OVR, or you can train in the Gatorade facility to increase your attributes to raise your OVR, or you'll be hitting those badge achievements to increase your player OVR since that will be available to you from jump street.

Let alone an a free app to get VC, literally nearly every moment you spend on the game you will be increasing your player or gaining VC to do so in the other 15 game modes available to you.

So honestly, 2k has given us more reason NOT to by VC this year than it has given us a reason TO buy VC given the bevy of ways to get it on our own.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »