Home

200,000 VC to upgrade player to 85

This is a discussion on 200,000 VC to upgrade player to 85 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #49
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 200,000 VC to upgrade player to 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
You are confused because you don't get the point. Grinding is not fun and every year they make the grind worse and worse. I just want to play pro am with friends. I don't want to play vs computer for 2 months just so my player can be respectable. I have a job and a life so i dont have the time to waste on grinding.
Oh, I get what everyone is saying here. Trust me. It's the same argument every year. I am not confused.

What everyone is saying is they essentially want overall to be meaningless and there to be no grind whatsoever so it's as easy as possible to get that high rating.

When individual player ratings come out every year, people on OS say the overall of nearly everyone is too high. "Devin Booker should be an 81, not an 85." "Andrew Wiggins shouldn't be an 86, he should be an 80."

But in this thread, everyone wants to be able to get to an 85 or 88 in literally no time at all, or at least make it as cheap as possible to get there.

2k can literally never win. If they make it easy to rank up, then the people who put in the time get mad that it's so easy for everyone else.

If they make it difficult, then the people with less time complain that it's too hard.

If they put it in the middle and started everyone out at a 70, then literally everyone who plays the game will be ranked as high as possible and we're back to overalls being meaningless because everyone is highly ranked.

At least when it's difficult/expensive to level up, we'll actually see some difference in skill in terms of overall. If a guy is a 99, that means he actually earned that 99.

Also, new this year is that you can level up by playing any mode. So while you're playing with your friends, you're leveling up and gain VC. So no more grinding offline against the computer.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #50
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
You are confused because you don't get the point. Grinding is not fun and every year they make the grind worse and worse. I just want to play pro am with friends. I don't want to play vs computer for 2 months just so my player can be respectable. I have a job and a life so i dont have the time to waste on grinding.
I mostly agree with the sentiments you shared, but I do think people who put in more time should be rewarded as such.

For example, getting to a 99 looks like it's going to be unreachable for most people. And that's great. Getting from 80 to 88 or will take a grind as well. And that's also great. But starting at a 55/60 and getting yourself to a decent level...that's where I got the biggest issue. We should start at a level that at least welcomes us to play online in the first few weeks if we want to---because that's why we have the game right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatLifer
Good news. They changed it to where you earn VC without having to play against the CPU anymore.
Your 60 overall player is going to look great online. Hope you have a blast with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
maybe they made it easier to get your overall up to an 85 from scratch and it wont take as long as we think..that is the only way i see people grinding from 60 otherwise 2k is about to cash out.

smart move on their end up but its still ruins the experience.
I hope for the bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
But in this thread, everyone wants to be able to get to an 85 or 88 in literally no time at all, or at least make it as cheap as possible to get there.

2k can literally never win. If they make it easy to rank up, then the people who put in the time get mad that it's so easy for everyone else.

If they make it difficult, then the people with less time complain that it's too hard.

If they put it in the middle and started everyone out at a 70, then literally everyone who plays the game will be ranked as high as possible and we're back to overalls being meaningless because everyone is highly ranked.

At least when it's difficult/expensive to level up, we'll actually see some difference in skill in terms of overall. If a guy is a 99, that means he actually earned that 99.

Also, new this year is that you can level up by playing any mode. So while you're playing with your friends, you're leveling up and gain VC. So no more grinding offline against the computer.
I agree that 99 should be hard as hell to get. But I myself would prefer a more even playing field, so that people I play with aren't a sink, and vice versa. Getting to a 99 just means you spent more time on the game with anyone else, so in one sense you earned it, but it sure as hell doesn't mean you're more skilled. I play this game so I can enjoy competition, not so the game becomes "who spent the most time or money"

And "no more grinding offline against the computer" --- as I said in this same post, that applies to someone if they're cool rocking a 60 OVR in online games.

Last edited by ph33; 09-06-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #51
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

even if we to start off as a 85 does that mean the grind overall is shortened by alot or are we being hoodwinked?

i think this 85 headstart is similar to a headstart you'd get if you were to stay loyal to your mypark, but since their is no more affiliation and picking parks this is like a substitute to replace that but i could be wrong just a theory.

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 09-06-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #52
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

I don't see how this is any different from MLB The Show. I believe I spent around $50+ to get my guy to around 92-93 OVR after being drafted. Grinding takes even longer in that game. Becoming 99 OVR quick isn't really fun, I see guys on NBA Live already 99 with their players.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
Can we PLEASE shut down these VC complaint threads? It's starting to get out of hand.

If you hate paying VC...Don't

If you don't mind...Do

Either way it's available
honestly, it's 'if you hate paying VC don't... buy the game.' Because if you buy the game and grind you are still adding to the problem. You are feeding vc to the people who paid for it and you are devoting many hours to a game that is basically exploiting its players. I could amend it, maybe, to 'don't... play online," but even then. It's the consumers who thought, "well, actually if you count an hour at work against the amount of hours I have to play to get x reward, it's totally a good deal!" that have ushered in this age of fleecing.

Glad to know it's like this. It will be interesting to see that point when people say 'enough is enough.'

-Smak
Old 09-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #54
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
I don't see how this is any different from MLB The Show. I believe I spent around $50+ to get my guy to around 92-93 OVR after being drafted. Grinding takes even longer in that game
The huge difference is that RTTS is offline only. People happily buy The Show to do that. People buy 2k for various reasons. One of the biggest reasons is to enjoy Pro-AM.

Look around at all the other E-Sports games. They are heavily into character balance. So somebody who is good at the game wins because they're good, and have an understanding of how to win, not because they spent more time grinding.

When somebody buys Call of Duty why are they buying? So they can play online. Can you imagine if all you got equipped with to start was a hunting knife and you had to play for hours against CPU AI to just earn a pistol?

But they equip you with all the basic equipment from the get-go. In a shootout with somebody who's got a better gun, they're more likely to win. But you can at least be respectable with the basics, and if you're good at the game, you can contribute.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #55
Banned

I hope that everyone will hear me out here. When someone pays to get to 85 I think that they will be stuck at that point for a LONG time. Just like last year when you had to "do work" they will have to grind it out just to get to the 86. The people that start out at 55 will have already put in the time and the grind so when they reach 85 they will have already earned attributes to go ahead and get to 86 and above. Hopefully it all balances out in the end. No matter what you do in this game you cant escape the grind lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
honestly, it's 'if you hate paying VC don't... buy the game.' Because if you buy the game and grind you are still adding to the problem. You are feeding vc to the people who paid for it and you are devoting many hours to a game that is basically exploiting its players. I could amend it, maybe, to 'don't... play online," but even then. It's the consumers who thought, "well, actually if you count an hour at work against the amount of hours I have to play to get x reward, it's totally a good deal!" that have ushered in this age of fleecing.

Glad to know it's like this. It will be interesting to see that point when people say 'enough is enough.'

-Smak
sir, i agree 100% and could not have added anything further!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »