Home

Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some

This is a discussion on Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
So I always ask,

How do you replicate defenders making mistakes in a video game?

We call everything FLAWS, but we can't have every player making EVERY right play?

We ignore 90 percent of the times players are in the right place/right time, but when they aren't we call them FLAWS.

Help me understand
have u seen strawberryshortcake's pippen gif? have u seen transition defenders stuck in back pedaling animations? surely you're familiar with defensive legacy issues that are clearly bugs. not trying to be a jackass here, but these issues can be classified as bugs, or simply programming errors by a long shot.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #10
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
So I always ask,

How do you replicate defenders making mistakes in a video game?

We call everything FLAWS, but we can't have every player making EVERY right play?

We ignore 90 percent of the times players are in the right place/right time, but when they aren't we call them FLAWS.

Help me understand

I'd want bad defenders to be represented by being late to cover back cuts, be bad at fighting over screens, be bad at on ball defence etc. Not literally slowly backpeddling while the offence runs passed you and your man is on the other side of the court, or leaving Lebron open to guard someone else in transition.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #11
Rookie

dangerzone1's Arena

OVR: 3

sam pham is a real one. hopefully these problems are just for legendary teams and not for the current teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 08:59 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerzone1
sam pham is a real one. hopefully these problems are just for legendary teams and not for the current teams.
i play with legendary teams. thanks a lot.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #13
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Sam, please tell me 2k has invited you to their team up events or whatever theyre calling them now and you just decline because you have a hot date or somethin..

If they arent inviting Sam Pham they really arent trying.

Anyway I noticed this too, stands out more with the improvement in the transition offensive spacing.

Is this the "artificial studipity" that was mentioned by Mike (I believe it was him)?

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-07-2017, 01:27 AM   #14
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
Sam, please tell me 2k has invited you to their team up events or whatever theyre calling them now and you just decline because you have a hot date or somethin..

If they arent inviting Sam Pham they really arent trying.

Anyway I noticed this too, stands out more with the improvement in the transition offensive spacing.

Is this the "artificial studipity" that was mentioned by Mike (I believe it was him)?
Totally agree with this. And, I too am looking forward to another year of Pham analysis.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:22 AM   #15
Rookie

I hated how in 2k17 they can't even let you tip off correctly! I've had multiple games where tip off, nobody could jump and get the ball even though we both pressed jump.

Also, I hope they fixed the issue with in bounding. It would take FOREVER for the ref to give you the ball. I have no idea why.

These issues weren't there before except in 2k17.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #16
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Love your work Sam but it's too early for this. As others have said, Da_Czar said Day 1 patch will change quite a few things, so you're better off making noise once that happens and you've played the game for yourself.

Definitely continue this series though, i'm sure 2K will listen closely to your feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »