Home

NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video - All-Time Lakers vs. All-Time Celtics (Outconsumer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video - All-Time Lakers vs. All-Time Celtics (Outconsumer) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #9
Rookie

2Kray's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video - All-Time Lakers vs. All-Time Celtics (Outconsumer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Has any body confirmed jersey options for All-Time teams? Those long shorts are bugging me.
Been confirmed for some time now..

Players can either wear long shorts or classic shorts, not both.

Personally, I'd rather just play with the classic shorts.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video - All-Time Lakers vs. All-Time Celtics (Outconsumer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kray
Been confirmed for some time now..

Players can either wear long shorts or classic shorts, not both.

Personally, I'd rather just play with the classic shorts.

I had not heard this. That's really superb news for me since I don't think we will have control in shorts length for rebrands, but perhaps having 30 teams with those jerseys available will offset this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #11
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Anyone have any thoughts as to why there's such a variance in how the footage looks from these various youtubers?

The linked footage, for instance, looks smooth and fluid and despite Larry somehow looking worse than the 2k16 version overall I was impressed with what I was seeing animation-wise.

Compare it to what I've linked below, which was also released today. Movement and animation is borderline "Live" herky-jerky in places, it also looks like there's frame rate issues and a severe lack of texture and lighting work.

I keep seeing this variance across numerous videos that have been posted over the past week or so. Is this a system issue? Settings issue? user input? I guess...MAYBE...different build versions? Whatever it is I'd like to get some clarity, as I go from being genuinely excited about this years game to questioning where the series is headed from video to video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBjTp3PKJU4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #12
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by randogu
Anyone have any thoughts as to why there's such a variance in how the footage looks from these various youtubers?

The linked footage, for instance, looks smooth and fluid and despite Larry somehow looking worse than the 2k16 version overall I was impressed with what I was seeing animation-wise.

Compare it to what I've linked below, which was also released today. Movement and animation is borderline "Live" herky-jerky in places, it also looks like there's frame rate issues and a severe lack of texture and lighting work.

I keep seeing this variance across numerous videos that have been posted over the past week or so. Is this a system issue? Settings issue? user input? I guess...MAYBE...different build versions? Whatever it is I'd like to get some clarity, as I go from being genuinely excited about this years game to questioning where the series is headed from video to video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBjTp3PKJU4
LD2K said there was a problem with the capture device that resulted in bad framerates in ncnative94's 2K18 gameplay videos.

I wouldn't judge the movement based on the videos not in 60fps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-06-2017, 09:32 PM   #13
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: ALL TIME CELTICS vs ALL TIME LAKERS NBA 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
AH?! That's not Larry Bird, that's someone's Grandma dressed like Larry Bird.

Something about the neck/face blending is off. His neck looks too thick and too short ... he's rocking a triple chin almost.

Is it Tilda Bird?

Old 09-06-2017, 09:51 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
thanks for posting. Larry bird's face is still off to me. It's better than previous years thought. But his hair, or something about his face is just bugging me. But again, it's probably the best his face has looked since nba 2k14 previous gen. Kobe looks goods,but for being an all time kobe, I'd expect them to use his younger look, "he's bald" on this one. Bring back that hair!
Its the same Kobe model they have been using since 2k14
Old 09-06-2017, 10:15 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
AH?! That's not Larry Bird, that's someone's Grandma dressed like Larry Bird.

Something about the neck/face blending is off. His neck looks too thick and too short ... he's rocking a triple chin almost.

Oh my, you weren't lying.

Larry Bird has been murdering 2K artists for years. The legend continues...

2K12:

2K14:

2K15:

A ray of hope in 2K16:

2K17:

2K18:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #16
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Jeez that's just bad...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »