Home

Detroit Pistons Court/Accessories

This is a discussion on Detroit Pistons Court/Accessories within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:44 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Detroit Pistons Court/Accessories

Yup. The new Pistons court is going to be in need of a (hopefully) quick upgrade. Primarily, 2K just needs to stick with Pistons red and Pistons blue, not multiple variations of both colors as they currently appear in the game.

2K's version of the boundary line areas is closing in on a ruby red while the blue on the Pistons' midcourt logo is nearing sky. The former needs to be lightened greatly and the latter darkened closer to the color of the paint.

While we're at it... those retro Pistons jerseys... I haven't seen the roads in 2K18 yet but they've been looking like this for the past few years:

I'm hoping they look somewhat closer to this, though I have my doubts:

The home '89 jerseys are still in disarray as well.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-08-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #10
Rookie

syk_skillz's Arena

OVR: 6

They seem to always mess up the Pistons unfortunately. Rather it the side strips being way to thin, accessory colors, jersey colors, or court colors.Whoever does colors need better references or need there eyes examined .
Old 09-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

As I try to piece together the details, it sounds like 2K outsourced some of their artwork during the console switch-over in 2013-14. Quite honestly, the next-gen classic team work from 2K14 all has the feel of having been completed by a bargain bin art team from an area of the world that is mostly unaware of NBA basketball.

Anyhow, as it stands, here's the Pistons' 1989 throwback jersey situation:

This year's 1989 Pistons jersey:

Here's a real-life comparison:

We'll start from the top.

1. The blue and red piping around the neck and arm holes is way too thin in 2K and the white space between the two blue and red lines is way too prominent.

2. The "PISTONS" chest plate appears to have been smushed via Microsoft paint. It's narrow and the font may not be an exact fit. I'm bad at recognizing fonts but something feels off there.

3. The side piping is way, way, wayyyyyyyy too thin. 2K's '89 jerseys are almost more reminiscent of old school nurse candy stripes than the Pistons' actual '89 lining.

4. The shorts in 2K have two red stripes (again, like a nurse's uniform). In reality, there was a thicker red line on top and a thicker blue line on bottom.

Regarding the back of the jersey, here's a comparison:

1. I'm still not great at font recognition but I know enough to say that 2K's name plate font isn't even close to hitting the mark.

2. The letters and numbers as a whole appear to be much too small, leaving a significantly noticeable amount of white space between the numbers and the bottom of the jersey.

3. If we want to talk about NBA 2K12 levels of detail, the jerseys numbers should be the shiny form we used to see in 2K when using late to early 90's Bulls and Pistons teams.

Separately, one of the more maddening things about 2K17 is while the 1989 Pistons jerseys still looked like this:

The current Pistons' retro jersey options had a jersey that looked almost identical to how the '89 road jerseys should actually appear:

They were in the game the whole time! Just completely inaccessible to the team who actually used them.

The little things.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-09-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »