Home

Inability to see attribute numbers on upgrade screen

This is a discussion on Inability to see attribute numbers on upgrade screen within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #25
Rookie

minwager's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Inability to see attribute numbers on upgrade screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Attributes will more than likely cap at 94, not 99, because of the +5 attribute boosts.
Mike Wang said on twitter the boosts don't add attribute points anymore, just general percentage boost to whatever category you apply it to. Kinda like park cards it sounds like
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #26
MVP

ph33's Arena

I shudder to link a YouTuber...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdVgjPMFeEk

But he's right.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #27
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Definately not a good look by 2k. It's almost like they want us to spend VC before we are able to tell if we made the build we truly wanted, only to have to make another build and spend more VC until we are able to know the rating. Just awful if true.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 09-11-2017, 06:31 AM   #28
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

This is a deal breaker for me. I am not investing my time into a character only to find out that his attributes don't hit a level that I want to play with.

This is hands down the shadiest and lowest thing 2k have done. And the fact that Mike Wang is answering people about how to achieve certain builds on Twitter but won't say if we will be able to see it in the full game is confirmation this is daylight robbery and that they are don't care.

2k is the best sports game I've ever played and the improvements to 18 that I've felt in the prelude and 2kU is being undone by this atrocious abuse of customer trust.

Is this something that is sue-able?

The YouTube vid that calls it out nails it and I wish someone here at OS could directly contact the Dev team and get us an answer or a promise of a fix.

This is unacceptable and I'm going to cancel my pre-order in protest.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:19 AM   #29
Rookie

Why not just let us have access to all animations and not pay for an of that stuff? When i first played myplayer in 2k10 and 2k11, i didnt have to pay for any moves, hairstyles, or jump shots. We even unlocked free shoes through time played in mycareer. Why the cash grab for all these things that were always free? Money and VC dont belong in Mycareer or myplayer in general.
2K needs to find another to make money off of the user. Its just discouraging that the entire community is ok with shelling out:
$65 for the game
100+ for Cover athlete version
$150 for Legendary Edition Cover Athlete Version

Then if you don't have the time to"grind" for your myplayer you really don't have much of a choice but to buy VC just toi have a decent start in Mycareer.

$50 for $200,00 Virtual Coins. and by the looks of things, $200,VC will only net you enough to barely get your overall to an 85...bro...the game costs
$65....how is it that investing another $50 dollars in game barely gets me enough to compete online? WHAT THE FUDGE?? I can't be the only one upset about this. I've seen the replies "You don;t have to pay if you don't want to".
Let's be serious...everyone wants to play online right away so in order to compete, you have to pay...which is complete BS if you ask me. Even if you have to pay, the amount to upgrade is too high. for $50 dollars we should be able to buy alot more than what we get. if it costs 190,000 VC to buy the max upgrade possible, we only have 10,000 VC to purchase accessories, boosts, hairstyles, clothing, Crossovers, dunks/layup packages tats and Mycourt stuff.

This is Highway robbery at its finest. I'd rather ya'll put in game advertisements or plug in Pepsi or Gatorade before 2K offsets its game costs on the consumer and have them pay upfront before gaming .
Old 09-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #30
Pro

Last time I checked, Breeze TW tweet had over 4k retweets and still no acknowledgement whatsoever from 2k or the devs/community managers. That's a problem.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #31
Banned

At this rate I think this will be my last 2k. Every year they find new ways to almost force you to buy VC if you want to stay with the pack for online play.

Not being able to see exactly what badges and caps you get when you pick 1 out of 189 different styles is messed up. And I know exactly why they did this. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Every business wants to make money but at what point do we cross the line into the scamming of customers territory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #32
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
At this rate I think this will be my last 2k. Every year they find new ways to almost force you to buy VC if you want to stay with the pack for online play.

Not being able to see exactly what badges and caps you get when you pick 1 out of 189 different styles is messed up. And I know exactly why they did this. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Every business wants to make money but at what point do we cross the line into the scamming of customers territory.
Where you are now is where I was last year. I thought I was ready for a pre-order but told my friends "there's a decent chance 2k somehow tries to grab more money/time and I can't give them money anymore if so"

And then they went and did what this thread is about, made players more expensive, diminished the amount of VC you can get from the app, starred charging for HAIRCUTS, and possibly more.

So I'll patiently wait for a used copy. I felt like they were testing our patience last year and are doing it again. Who knows what they got waiting in the next one.

Also, in the best scenario, a better CAP system happens (doubtful), and we can see our attributes...still a poor design to keep increasing everything else. I wonder if pro am even gets some kind of upgrade.

Last edited by ph33; 09-11-2017 at 09:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »