Home

Why would 2k not let us restart Prelude?

This is a discussion on Why would 2k not let us restart Prelude? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 06:15 AM   #17
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why would 2k not let us restart Prelude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
Lol now we're just getting subjective. Should 2k waste time worrying about Jordan's leg sleeve length? Kawhi's beard? Kyrie shaved, should they patch it out, to patch it in when he grows it back? I see those topics generating lots of concerns.

People are pissed they can't replay the Prelude, not to mention Live has new matchups for their demo every week, it's not a bad thing to be patching tbh.
Yea but all of those things are stuff that somewhat effect gameplay. If anything, you're just proving my point even more since they haven't fixed any of those things yet but they're still worried about people replaying the prelude lol
Old 09-11-2017, 06:47 AM   #18
Banned

No idea why we can't play it more than once. Like you say, it's not like playing it more than once will unlock any more of the story etc. Do 2K really think "if someone can replay the Prelude multiple times they might not buy the full game because they've got unlimited gameplay already"?? What exactly is going through their heads?

The only logical explanation is the fact that they charge you VC to make a myplayer so they don't want you to get used to building a good myplayer before the game drops, otherwise you'll only have to spend minimal VC.

They're banking on you messing up and having to pay more VC to choose different archetypes.

If that isn't true what other reason could they possibly have? Especially since they went out of their way to patch it. If I was a game company I would want people to play as much as possible
Old 09-11-2017, 07:01 AM   #19
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
Same reason they don't want you to know attribute caps ahead of upgrading, they want you to make as many players as possible so you spend as much VC as possible. Hopefully enough backlash makes them change their mind regarding their puzzling decisions
This, it would let you make an informed decision on what type of player you wanna make in the game. Without if you realise yozu dont like your player maybe you are willing to spend some money on VC to speed up the process...
Old 09-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

No reason to, once you play it you're ready for the full game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #21
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Nah it's all from a business perspective, and I don't like it.

They know that basketball fans already got it pre-ordered and we been waiting on it for months. Regardless of how short it is it's not changing our minds.

They know us hardcore career/park/proam guys are tryna find out our builds...and by limiting it to one playthrough, like people have said, we'll probably wind up screwing up and having to start over and possibly repurchase VC we spent or just spend more to make a new guy on top of the already made one.

Like it's smart business but it's clearly not gonna make any customer happy.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Nah it's all from a business perspective, and I don't like it.

They know that basketball fans already got it pre-ordered and we been waiting on it for months. Regardless of how short it is it's not changing our minds.

They know us hardcore career/park/proam guys are tryna find out our builds...and by limiting it to one playthrough, like people have said, we'll probably wind up screwing up and having to start over and possibly repurchase VC we spent or just spend more to make a new guy on top of the already made one.

Like it's smart business but it's clearly not gonna make any customer happy.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
2nd paragraph is exactly why we can't start over. My biggest mistake was finalizing a player and starting the prelude. I should of left it at the create a player screen so i can finally see overbuild without sorting through numerous spreadsheets.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #23
Just started!

2k patched some builds already ain't they don't want you to know this is crazy
Old 09-12-2017, 01:33 AM   #24
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

It is possible,close the prelude application, go to storage and delete everything of nba 2k18 prelude, then turn the network off and go to the prelude app, now "start the career" and "myplayer" will be gray out, go back in the ps4 menu and turn on the network again. Go to 2kU in prelude, after you quit 2kU your "new" career will be open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »