Home

Posting up with passing icons open.

This is a discussion on Posting up with passing icons open. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 02:34 AM   #1
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
Posting up with passing icons open.

I got to post this to maybe get the attention of one of the dev's like Mike Wang for a potential fix for the full game. Posting up and then clicking passing icons , will face you to the basket, in the past few games you could post, then hit passing icons , and you would stay posted with your back to the basket , with passing icons open still. Now when you Post or even go into Protect Dribble mode, you will face the basket when you open icon passing.

I hope they fix this because i play alot with passing icons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 02:50 AM   #2
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Re: Posting up with passing icons open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
I got to post this to maybe get the attention of one of the dev's like Mike Wang for a potential fix for the full game. Posting up and then clicking passing icons , will face you to the basket, in the past few games you could post, then hit passing icons , and you would stay posted with your back to the basket , with passing icons open still. Now when you Post or even go into Protect Dribble mode, you will face the basket when you open icon passing.

wow, this sound like game breaking to me since i use icon pass on every pass.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:16 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Hopefully they will be able to patch this as it is a game breaker for me either...

Don't understand why player face up if I am still telling him to protect the ball / post the defender.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #4
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

EDIT ( Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-10-2017 at 01:50 PM ) : This still needs to be patch though because what we can do with our off-ball teammates in 2k18 while backing down in the post is extremely, extremely limited to them standing around the perimeter only. If I want my teammates to cut to the basket, I can't do that with the current 2k18 mechanics.

I responded to your post in the impressions thread regarding this, and the only way I managed to pass while still protecting the ball (L2) in the paint is to press both R1 + icon button of teammate at the same time. It can be a little fidgety at times though.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-12-2017 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 33

Thanks Strawberry, will be useful once I get the full game.

Having said that, I would love to be reverted to the old way, as it gave me enough time to survey the court and make the correct pass all while protecting the ball, loved to playmake from the post and ala G. Payton ... as it is now and as the motion system has evolved into quick smooth actions, it will put a lot of pressure into someone like me, with not so good reflects and timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:

This still needs to be patched though because you can't back down in the post and have your teammates cut or go into some type of motion offense. You're basically stuck doing either one of two things, back down in the post or pass it to the 3 point perimeter.

While in the post with Zaza, I tried pressing L1 to bring up plays for my other teammates, but as soon as I press L1, I'm no longer in protect the ball mode.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
EDIT: This still needs to be patch though because what we can do with our off-ball teammates in 2k18 while backing down in the post is extremely, extremely limited to them standing around the perimeter only. If I want my teammates to cut to the basket, I can't do that with the current 2k18 mechanics.

I responded to your post in the impressions thread regarding this, and the only way I managed to pass while still protecting the ball (L2) in the paint is to press both R1 + icon button of teammate at the same time. It can be a little fidgety at times though.

Yes i was aware you could pass like this , but im talking the passing icons staying up, so i can survey the floor, like any great post player used to do, shaq in the triangle, olajuwon , or even like ffaacc said gary payton. Needs to be fixed.

O and magic johnson.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Yes i was aware you could pass like this , but im talking the passing icons staying up, so i can survey the floor, like any great post player used to do, shaq in the triangle, olajuwon , or even like ffaacc said gary payton. Needs to be fixed.

O and magic johnson.
Is this what you're looking for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »