Home

NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video - Timberwolves (Ronnie2K) vs. Lakers (LD2K)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video - Timberwolves (Ronnie2K) vs. Lakers (LD2K) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #17
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ronnie2K vs. LD2K Live Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
From gameplay i've seen so far it seems strips are being used as a mechanic to lessen dunks and paint spam...

FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE...WHY IS RANDLE STILL HITTING THREES?? Dude shoots 27% from three aka HE. CAN'T. SHOOT.

I love the things 2K is doing to add depth to the game but if sagging off bad shooters (Nance hit a three too...and he's worse than Randle) just means they'll hit open shots its all for naught.....that's literally the shot you want. Randle did the same thing last year:

I dont like this randle 3s too i also saw Wiggins with like 4 3s in this game.

LD2k said they were playing on SS.

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #18
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
From gameplay i've seen so far it seems strips are being used as a mechanic to lessen dunks and paint spam...

FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE...WHY IS RANDLE STILL HITTING THREES?? Dude shoots 27% from three aka HE. CAN'T. SHOOT.

I love the things 2K is doing to add depth to the game but if sagging off bad shooters (Nance hit a three too...and he's worse than Randle) just means they'll hit open shots its all for naught.....that's literally the shot you want. Randle did the same thing last year:

this video is nba 2k17. why you posted that video in here ? i see Russell is on Lakers in this video
Old 09-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:

Randle also missed wide open 3s with good releases. At the end of the day it's not like Randle would miss 9/10 3pts wide open in the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 08:36 PM   #20
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Everything looked good except for the corner three point accuracy. This is why i never play on ss. The shooting is way to easy on that level.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #21
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Randle also missed wide open 3s with good releases. At the end of the day it's not like Randle would miss 9/10 3pts wide open in the NBA.
The problem is he didn't have ten attempts...he shot four....meaning he was shooting 50% from deep. #canthappen

And i'm lost...are we saying good releases = success? So like, should Dwight Howard hit threes with good releases too? I'm confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
The problem is he didn't have ten attempts...he shot four....meaning he was shooting 50% from deep. #canthappen

And i'm lost...are we saying good releases = success? So like, should Dwight Howard hit threes with good releases too? I'm confused.

No I'm not saying that but I am saying wide open + good release + some luck = makes.

You have to remember how the percentages work also. Let's say they have him at a 60 3pt rating which equals 25% from the devs. So he hits 1, the next shot still has a 25% chance, it doesn't mean he will miss his next 3.

Also it's possible that he got a bump from Lonzo since I'm sure he has Dimer badge so he might have been shooting at a 30% chance and made two of those and missed two of those.

I also watched Ball miss couple threes that seemed open or I think were lightly contested, which I'm sure he has a much higher 3 than randle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #23
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Everything looked good except for the corner three point accuracy. This is why i never play on ss. The shooting is way to easy on that level.
Yeah that was my only beef....Gameplay was tight overall. Super-Duper glad to see the steal/block spam not being a thing anymore. Best part? Ronnie back on defense with Teague (had 5 fouls from all that damn reaching lol) and him saying "dont foul" and pulling up because he didnt want to pick up a 6th....you literally only see that in real hoops. LOVED IT.

Real basketball behaviors FOR THE WIN. NOTE TO DEVS: All it took was consequences to do that.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-12-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:45 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:

Nope he had six attempts and hit 2 of em, thats 33%. If you consider most of the shots were wide open corner threes, i think the percentage is ok. Even if he was shooting 50% nobody can say his shooting percentage is too high based on this low sample size.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »