Home

NBA 2K18 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips,Plays,Defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips,Plays,Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #185
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K18 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips,Plays,Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
How do you avoid the cheese move where defender just go near your ball handler and it just loses the ball? Protect the ball animation does NOT seem to get the job done and the cheese actually works when you protect the ball.

In my experience it depends on how good you ball control is.

If it's over 80, you should not lose the ball very often.

If it's under 80, you have to dribble back or avoid dribbling at all when crowded by defenders.

Last edited by franzis; 10-18-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #186
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
My biggest difficulty in this game is the defensive close out. If I proved proper help defense and the pass goes to my man when I close out I can’t seem to get my man to decelerate into the choppy feet defensive stance. Against AI not as bad but online there is a weird lag where my player continues to run for a bit after I try to stop and I run past the offensive player. Is there a controller defensive help slider setting or technique I can use to fix this?

Do the closeout using only the right stick when approaching the shooter rather than left stick + turbo + L2 all the way.

You need some practice to get the timing right.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #187
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K18 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips,Plays,Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
My biggest difficulty in this game is the defensive close out. If I proved proper help defense and the pass goes to my man when I close out I can’t seem to get my man to decelerate into the choppy feet defensive stance. Against AI not as bad but online there is a weird lag where my player continues to run for a bit after I try to stop and I run past the offensive player. Is there a controller defensive help slider setting or technique I can use to fix this?

Momentum will carry you. I usually let go of sprint as soon I see the acceleration animation (unless I'm going hard to contest against a good shooter) then use LT and Right Stick.
The angle you take is important too.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:51 PM   #188
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

How do you open up the mid-range? I hardly ever get any mid-range shot opportunities other than on fast breaks. I get 3 point shot opportunities all day, but very few from the mid-range, since CPU defenders never seem to drop into the paint to anticipate the drive. Instead, they all stick to the ball carrier like glue, hip riding all the way to the paint. Ironically, it's very easy to drive this year, but really difficult to score from mid-range.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #189
MVP

Syce's Arena

ok maybe someone can help me out, in MyCareer. I am having a hard time getting my player to turn into the correct position when trying to screen in the paint. for example. im sitting up a screen for player that is coming under the basket, but my player seems to always face the ball, so when i want the screen to be right my player is actually sideways so the screen is completely ineffective aka does do anything.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 10-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #190
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Is there any way at all to control your rotations for play now online? I only play with the Sacramento Kings and I would like to adjust the rotations
Old 10-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #191
Rookie

killaxxbearsxxx's Arena

I'm loving flow tech this year. My playbook is mostly off-ball screen plays and it is truly game changing to have your ai teammates be able to make the reads that they can in this game. My question for you all is how do you keep up with these reads?

When your guy is getting ready to run off of the screen are you reading his defender and possible hedges? Or are you watching the shooter to see whether he runs straight off, curls, flares etc. The problem I'm having is I can't stay in rhythm with the shooter. I like to be able to hit them as they are coming off of the screen which usually means hitting them before the arrow appears, but a lot of the time I get caught passing to them as they are about to flip and flare the screen or if they stop their run early and flare I'll miss that window completely.

Kingzxkobra if you want to catch me on PSN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #192
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

i have hard time scoring in the post after i make a move whether its step back, fade away, hook shot etc., even if shot is perfect release nothing goes in clean, do i suppose to release bit earlier for the shots in the post compare to regular shooting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »