Home

The Life & Times of Play Now Online (2K18)

This is a discussion on The Life & Times of Play Now Online (2K18) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 07:30 AM   #1161
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Life & Times of Play Now Online (2K18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewds23
Just got my GOAT trophy. The overall quality of play this year has been terrible and it has been getting progressively worse. 2k15 I played over 1200 games and went at 80%, 2k16 I played 500 games and went at 80%, 2k17 I went 56-4 and this year in 52 games I think I finished maybe 15 of them.

You mean it just eventually showed up or you had to beat GOAT again in order to get the trophy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 AM   #1162
Rookie

andrewds23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
You mean it just eventually showed up or you had to beat GOAT again in order to get the trophy?
officially got got after 51 wins, only got it once.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #1163
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewds23
officially got got after 51 wins, only got it once.
But can you see the trophy? Because I have finished GOAT league twice with 10 wins but I don't see it in my trophy list
Old 10-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #1164
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
Oh...my...god. hahahah

I know you had to be sick when that second layup went in.

This was how half of my games were tonight. I thought it was the lag I was having trouble with since my on-ball is usually lock down. I let the cpu handle it which usually works if the lag is too heavy, but I wondered why my opponents kept doing it anyway, and why it was still working.

It seems a lot of the times the offensive player can change direction and start their layup animation or get the hip ride animation quicker than the defender can turn to recover. Eventually the offensive player will win that battle.
It's definitely not lag. The offensive player can move one direction, stop on a dime, change direction while the defender's momentum from the first move takes him out of the play. Plus, your last paragraph sums up exactly what happens most times than not. Next time, I'm just going play off-ball and let the CPU handle it while using "Focusing on Player". The Pacers ACE has a lot of "Show Trap" schemes

This opponent kept doing this on EVERY half-court possession. I led every quarter by 5+ points, but I must have gotten game fatigue/frustration in the final two minutes, because I started making stupid mistakes. Based on the stats, I really don't how was leading the game to begin with. I was shooting like 45% while he was shooting 60%.

My last 3 games have been like this....I'll never understand how people can play like that for an entire game and think that's "fun". It only got worse, because they buffed the damn layups. Layups never bothered me, because I was taken good shots. Plus to me, missing layups in traffic is part of the freaking game. Before the buff, people would give up, because they wasn't hitting a high percentage. After the buff, people can maintain a 60+ FG% for the entire game. The only reason why I'm in these games is due to my defense on the other shots and forcing high turnovers while keeping my low....unless the game cheats you with a cheap 3-Second offensive call in the final minute of the game.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:42 AM   #1165
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 10:50 AM   #1166
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Pretty much this what everyone does in PNO and why layup success should have NEVER been increased.

https://youtu.be/FraGwIQmpS8

https://youtu.be/iCix6L1-6fg
From the look of it, (I could be wrong) looks like your playing with the classic Pa ers team and that was Cj Watson guarding Tmac?

I would put Paul George on Tmac and pay him tight with help behind him. PG should always be on the best opposing player, if not gotta bring help.

But you got pretty good defenders on that team with Hill and Lance. I would do defensive damage with that team lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #1167
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Very frantic gameplay online right now. I’m guessing it’s to the numerous “tweaks”over the past few weeks.

Took me about 4 games to adjust.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #1168
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
From the look of it, (I could be wrong) looks like your playing with the classic Pa ers team and that was Cj Watson guarding Tmac?

I would put Paul George on Tmac and pay him tight with help behind him. PG should always be on the best opposing player, if not gotta bring help.

But you got pretty good defenders on that team with Hill and Lance. I would do defensive damage with that team lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
You're right. I did that later in the game, but it was basically a rinse/repeat until he was finally able to get the driving animation like he did in the second video. I ended up leaving Lance on T-Mac since he was stronger, and cheating with Hibbert and George.

But I think I was getting frustrated in the 4th quarter by how long this tactic remained effective, and I began making bad mistakes down the stretch. That was on me, but I hate this was even a close game with his one trick pony approach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »