Home

NBA 2k18 - The Little Things Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 - The Little Things Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2k18 - The Little Things Thread

I'm probably a few years behind on this but I'd never seen a player in 2K roll their ankle by landing on a defender before today:

Happened with under four minutes left in the fourth. Spurs went on a 10-2 run and pulled away. Turns out Lindsey Hunter and Carlos Arroyo are not satisfactory replacements for Richard Hamilton.

Edit: Not sure why Tayshaun and Chauncey are walking him over to Gregg Popovich though.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I also had Devin Booker light me up in a Play Now game and when he got hot and hit a 3, he did the hotline bling move as he went back up the court hahaha
Booker is lights out in this game. He single handily came back down 15 by popping three after three in my face. After he tied it up, he stopped with an ice cold look right at my fans. Was awesome to see
Old 09-18-2017, 12:41 AM   #51
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Is this a little things thread or a complaint thread?

PSN: TreJay2000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #52
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think it could be a matter of time being a finite resource.

When classics were close to being a No. 1 priority (2K11's Jordan Challenge and the lockout-bolstered Legends Mode in 2K12), there were between 20 and 30ish classic teams, with six to eight of those being 80's and 90's Bulls teams.

Now, there's over 60 classic teams, not including the 30 new All-Time teams. Even if classics were a number one priority again, I think the team would struggle to adequately perfect the task. Instead, it's kind of a double whammy - classics aren't as high on the priority list as 2K12 and there's three times more teams than their used to be. From what I can tell so far, it feels like 2K was making improvements and changes until they ran out of time. There's been a lot of positive changes (Jordan finally looks like Jordan, '89 Pistons jerseys fixed, Manu Ginobili was given hair on the first-day update). I just don't know if they could fit it all in.

THANK YOU. Jeesh. Glad some people still have the thinking caps on... Crimeny! Respect fam. The lazy slander is enough to make me stop reading forums sometimes.

Content wise no other game is anywhere close.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #53
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The lazy slander is enough to make me stop reading forums sometimes.

Content wise no other game is anywhere close.
#Truth

It's one of the reasons I slowed down frequenting this and other gaming sites myself. The sense of entitlement and near complete lack of perspective here (and with the gaming community as a whole) is staggering a lot of the time. Absolutely loving the game btw Big Czar - big props to you and 2K for such an extensive effort.

Little Things: Was getting in a few min this morning before work and after a timeout was called, saw fans in the front row trying to take selfies of themselves while players were "in the background" walking off the court

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #54
Rookie

Someone mentioned the inclusion of both national anthems. I like the audio edits during timeouts. Kyrie Irvings custom intro against the Cavs. Boston was home, it featured Kyrie vs. Lebron...was at least 30 secs long. I may be one of the few who don't play online at all so I'm still enjoying play now. I also noticed the the Alternate jerseys randomly show up on play now. Ball physics allow for easier blocks too.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #55
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by govna
Someone mentioned the inclusion of both national anthems. I like the audio edits during timeouts. Kyrie Irvings custom intro against the Cavs. Boston was home, it featured Kyrie vs. Lebron...was at least 30 secs long. I may be one of the few who don't play online at all so I'm still enjoying play now. I also noticed the the Alternate jerseys randomly show up on play now. Ball physics allow for easier blocks too.
I've done the Cavs Celtics matchup a handful of times but still haven't seen the Kyrie vs LeBron angle or anything specific to the storyline. Maybe I skipped through it by accident (I don't always watch the pregame stuff)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #56
Rookie

Loving the outside cams of stadiums and had a cam of East Street,Cleveland !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »