Home

When exactly is NBA2K18 for Switch coming out?

This is a discussion on When exactly is NBA2K18 for Switch coming out? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2017, 12:00 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: When exactly is NBA2K18 for Switch coming out?

May I ask the difference between digital copy vs. hard copy of the game, like which one is better and in what ways?

Really want to know which option is better as I want to play the game asap, which the digital copy should be arriving within this week!!! If I wait for the hardcopy, then is another long *** month!

Thx!!!
Old 09-15-2017, 01:16 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
May I ask the difference between digital copy vs. hard copy of the game, like which one is better and in what ways?

Really want to know which option is better as I want to play the game asap, which the digital copy should be arriving within this week!!! If I wait for the hardcopy, then is another long *** month!

Thx!!!
In terms of the game and how it plays physical/digital should be exactly the same.

At best buy you could get a 20% discount for the physical if you have GCU. Regardless which version you get you will need to buy a microsd card if your switch doesn't already have one with enough space. The cart version still needs a microsd card to download part of the game.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:27 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettog
In terms of the game and how it plays physical/digital should be exactly the same.

At best buy you could get a 20% discount for the physical if you have GCU. Regardless which version you get you will need to buy a microsd card if your switch doesn't already have one with enough space. The cart version still needs a microsd card to download part of the game.
Cart version means physical copies?

Then may I assume everyones gonna buy the online version because you get to play like a month earlier??? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 02:47 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Cart version means physical copies?

Then may I assume everyones gonna buy the online version because you get to play like a month earlier??? lol

Impatient people and folks with the space on their sd card lol.
Im personally waiting for physical as i dont feel like upgrading my sd card just yet.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2017, 03:31 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHypeTellem
Impatient people and folks with the space on their sd card lol.
Im personally waiting for physical as i dont feel like upgrading my sd card just yet.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I guess what you meant is that because having the physical copy itself won't take up any space from the sd card, then the sd card that comes with the game will be used for saved files for the game like roster, setting, myleague, my gm, etc?
Old 09-15-2017, 03:38 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
I guess what you meant is that because having the physical copy itself won't take up any space from the sd card, then the sd card that comes with the game will be used for saved files for the game like roster, setting, myleague, my gm, etc?
Yea the actual game software doesn't save on the SD card, where as with the digital the full 20+ GB saves on there. However 2K does say an SD card is required for physical which is probably due to the big future updates.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »