Home

Official NBA 2k18 MyLeague/MyGm Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k18 MyLeague/MyGm Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #9
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k18 MyLeague/MyGm Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
i go with Phoenix Suns and trade some players for another players in My League. i heard My GM is disappointing in NBA 2k18 because same scenario is owner sold your team and move to new place like seattle in the offseason if you choose Cavs or Warriors or Spurs or Rockets or whoever as favorite team

Don't let me down with the Suns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #10
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool318
Excited to play MyGM. I need to see improved trade logic, improved team building through trades / drafts, etc.

I'll start off tonight by seeing what value I get for Loul Deng in the trade market. I shouldn't get much of anything. That will tell me a lot.
The trade logic is a tricky thing to evaluate because in the actual NBA lop-sided trades happen all the time. But when lop-sided trades happen in 2K people say the trade logic is flawed. There are so many variables at play in trades between teams (financial, cultural, ability, team fit, chemistry, etc), it's more than just a matter of "player x has equal value to player y".

I've been satisfied enough with 2K's trade logic in recent years
Old 09-14-2017, 08:27 AM   #11
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSwerve
Don't let me down with the Suns

lol why is that ? i rather play rebuilding team instead Favorite team in My League.. i don't feel like playing superpower team but in real life, my favorite NBA team is Warriors but i won't play as them in My League though.

rebuilding team is fun to manage roster like trade older players for younger players, draft rookie player and send rookie player to G-League and develop himm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
The trade logic is a tricky thing to evaluate because in the actual NBA lop-sided trades happen all the time. But when lop-sided trades happen in 2K people say the trade logic is flawed. There are so many variables at play in trades between teams (financial, cultural, ability, team fit, chemistry, etc), it's more than just a matter of "player x has equal value to player y".

I've been satisfied enough with 2K's trade logic in recent years
I understand. However, 2K wants to make all these improvements to the AI which is tremendous. Now let's make some improvements to the AI of CPU teams.

A Loul Deng for TJ McConnel trade is great for me, but bad for the Sixers on so many scales. While I'm not expecting perfection because it's a video game, I'm expecting an upgrade.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #13
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
lol why is that ? i rather play rebuilding team instead Favorite team in My League.. i don't feel like playing superpower team but in real life, my favorite NBA team is Warriors but i won't play as them in My League though.

rebuilding team is fun to manage roster like trade older players for younger players, draft rookie player and send rookie player to G-League and develop himm

lol i said that because they're my favorite team my guy

Old 09-14-2017, 09:05 AM   #14
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

So does MyGM have some sort of mycareer-like storyline attached to it? I usually play MyLeague over MyGM so I haven't read that much about it
Old 09-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #15
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSwerve
lol i said that because they're my favorite team my guy

trust me, i will improve phoenix suns to win championship if i can
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #16
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I posted my ML plans in the other thread. I'm gonna rebuild the Nets and Kings. As well as add the classic Bulls team to the mix in the east. I'm gonna remove Rose and Butler from the Cavs and TWolves, respectively. I was gonna add Melo to that Bulls team but I think I'm gonna play with the Knicks. They look fun from what I saw I. The French dudes vid. I'm gonna get them off to a good start and keep him in NY. I might even have CP3 get traded there if the Rockets aren't legit title contenders citing "tension" between him and Harden. I can't wait til 12!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »