Home

NBA 2k18 Pro-Am Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Pro-Am Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #9
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Pro-Am Discussion Thread

Played my first game with my squad last night. I'm a 7'3 Pure Post Scoring C, and I had 11 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists in my first game but I lagged out with 2:00 left and never got my VC which was apparently over 2000 according to my friend, and I had better stats than him and won POG. My stats still counted though and I might have gotten that triple double had I stayed the entire game. Typical 2K servers lol
Old 09-16-2017, 02:46 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Post stories too
The CPU is actually pretty deadly this year shooting the ball from three. I've watched them hit like 70% to 80% of their open threes because people are still guarding the AI like it's 2K17 and are leaving bots wide open so they can wander around and double team the ball. I've already had several games where our CPU teammate was the leading scorer and won the player of the game award.

Playing a walkon match against a full team of five CPUs feels pretty similar to playing an NBA team in MyCareer, as the AI now runs real offensive sets with lots of motion, ball movement, and screens. I had a CPU shooting guard light me up for 21 points last night because I didn't have enough speed to chase him through the gauntlet of off-ball screens that his AI teammates were setting for him, and I just wasn't able to close out in time and contest his catch-and-shoot threes with my speed disadvantage and my lack of the pick dodger badge.

A full team of CPUs will also make defensive adjustments on-the-fly, as I had a game yesterday where I hit my first five shots, and then the AI started started bringing a double team towards me as soon as I caught the ball for the rest of the game after my hot start.

I've even seen the AI call a timeout if you start to go on a scoring run against them.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-16-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The CPU is actually pretty deadly this year shooting the ball from three. I've watched them hit like 70% to 80% of their open threes so far because people are still guarding the AI like it's 2K17 and leaving them open to wander around and double team. I've had multiple games where our AI teammate was the leading scorer and the player of the game overall.

Playing a walkon match against a full team of 5 CPUs is interesting because they actually run real offense with lots of motion, ball movement, and screens. I had a CPU shooting guard light me up for 21 points last night because I didn't have enough speed to chase him through the gauntlet of off-ball screens that his AI teammates were setting and close out on his catch-and-shoot threes in time.

It's also interesting to watch a team of 5 CPUs play defense, as I had a game yesterday where I made my first five shots, and then the CPU started started bringing a double team to me as soon as I caught the ball for the rest of the game after my hot start.

I've even seen the AI call a timeout if you start to go on a scoring run against them.

I've experienced all this as well. Only thing is the CPU reaction time is too unnatural at times.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #12
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Are accessories not allowed in walk on? Can't be out here playing with my knees showing.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:01 PM   #13
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
Are accessories not allowed in walk on? Can't be out here playing with my knees showing.
I played guys who had on shoes that weren't 2K generics, so I assume somehow you can edit your pro-am accessories. I personally have no idea how to do that though.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
I played guys who had on shoes that weren't 2K generics, so I assume somehow you can edit your pro-am accessories. I personally have no idea how to do that though.
Check the closet in your MyCourt.

I don't own any accessories yet (right now I'm using every bit of VC to get my attributes up), but that's where I was able to change into the free shoes that I got from my career endorsement with Under Armor.

You will get into trouble with your career sponsor if you don't rep their brand of shoes in every game mode, including Pro Am.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-16-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #15
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

Quote:

I don't own any accessories yet (right now I'm using every bit of VC to get my attributes up), but that's where I was able to change into the free shoes that I got from my career endorsement with Under Armor.

You will get into trouble with your career sponsor if you don't rep their brand of shoes in every game mode, including Pro Am.
Hadn't checked there since I first got the game, I should have thought of that lol thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 10:00 PM   #16
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Gotta say, that's a pretty sweet little touch there. Super realistic

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »