Home

NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #1281
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
The thing is...I feel like the way they penalize the user is realistic. If I dribble off a defenders foot I SHOULD lose the ball, they get it right in that aspect so why is it so hard to give the cpu the same physics...I don't understand but im also not a game developer lol

~Koosa10:27~
Exactly. That's why I said it's like they tuned the game only for H2H or something. Seems to me like that is the focus of most sports game nowadays. Tune for the online H2H crowd and leave the CPU guys to fend for themselves and deal with the same penalties but none of the balance.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #1282
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I agree with you...the cpu ball security raises my blood pressure higher than the clipping. If they fix the cpu dribbling through player's bodies and standing still dribbling in traffic with no consequence then I'll be totally fine with a "little" bit of clipping lol. My main gripe with the game is cpu ball security, they fix that and Im declaring this my favorite bball game ever.

I dont agree, the reason the CPU has an advantage dribbling is to prevent user controlled player from purposely exploiting the live ball by just running into the CPU trying to get it loose, this is a video game and they cant ever make it 100 percent true to life because most users dont play the game true to life, they are looking for any exploit they can get, but hopefully they can do something to reduce thw amount of clipping.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #1283
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I dont agree, the reason the CPU has an advantage dribbling is to prevent user controlled player from purposely exploiting the live ball by just running into the CPU trying to get it loose, this is a video game and they cant ever make it 100 percent true to life because most users dont play the game true to life, they are looking for any exploit they can get, but hopefully they can do something to reduce thw amount of clipping.
That makes sense as well but it has to be a middle ground somewhere, on perfectly timed steal attempts we CANNOT have our hands just go through the ball while the cpu is still standing still and dribbling right in our face and smiling like it's cool lol but I do agree with what you said about exploiting the live ball.

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 10-23-2017, 01:44 AM   #1284
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
true. Ive gone back to 2k16, and actually enjoy it more now. I didnt appreciate it as much as when it was released.
the game play is just more organic.
with that said 2k18 is still a solid game, but very frustrating to play. I probably still have alot to learn about the gameplay mechanics, defensive features, etc

I go back and forth with 2k18. its like being in a bad relationship...lol
Very frustrating man. Offense is really fun but I'm just not a fan of the other side of the ball this year. I don't think that's going to change 3 years from now lol
Old 10-23-2017, 05:58 AM   #1285
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

RE: CPU live ball/turnovers..

I see so much of it go the other way in my benefit, I cant really complain tbh

This is on HOF/Late 4th quarter/ up 10- I'm the Nets- theoretically when the 'CPU mid win' script should be intact....

https://streamable.com/nf76m

Feels like the last couple of updates really evened things out....offline anyway

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-23-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 10:09 AM   #1286
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

At least the ball security sliders work well for the CPU. In my MyLeague I've turned everything down dramatically for the CPU and I'm seeing a good amount of turnovers plus the CPU can't isolate on me for 10 seconds, doing crazy dribble moves as they inch closer to the rim before getting a layup.

Of course the issue is that the CPU isn't smart enough to realize they shouldn't try that stuff and still do it too often.

My bigger HUM issue was catching passes. It has nothing to do with where the defense is, you can tell the devs nerfed catching ability within 10' of the rim. I can't tell you how many open passes Porzingis dropped in the paint before jacking up the slider.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 10-23-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:14 AM   #1287
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
At least the ball security sliders work well for the CPU. In my MyLeague I've turned everything down dramatically for the CPU and I'm seeing a good amount of turnovers plus the CPU can't isolate on me for 10 seconds, doing crazy dribble moves as they inch closer to the rim before getting a layup.

Of course the issue is that the CPU isn't smart enough to realize they shouldn't try that stuff and still do it too often.

My bigger HUM issue was catching passes. It has nothing to do with where the defense is, you can tell the devs nerfed catching ability within 10' of the rim. I can't tell you how many open passes Porzingis dropped in the paint before jacking up the slider.
I was going to mention that about the ball security slider...I was playing on hof default except for pass speed on 60...now I play with pass speed on 60, and I flipped the ball security sliders so I have cpu on 20 and user on 50...plays a pretty good game of basketball to me.

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 10-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #1288
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I was going to mention that about the ball security slider...I was playing on hof default except for pass speed on 60...now I play with pass speed on 60, and I flipped the ball security sliders so I have cpu on 20 and user on 50...plays a pretty good game of basketball to me.
Yep, this is one of those issues where you watch an NBA game for 15 minutes and then play 2K it jumps off the screen how unrealistic this aspect is in 2K.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »