Home

There is (predictably) a big Issue with the Euro-Stash System

This is a discussion on There is (predictably) a big Issue with the Euro-Stash System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: There is (predictably) a big Issue with the Euro-Stash System

Damn.
And you said that there were several 80+ players free agents cause everyone's in cap hell (after 5 years) ?
So much for that 80 years simulation they run lol to get everything perfect... Who are they trying to fool ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogee134
Damn.
And you said that there were several 80+ players free agents cause everyone's in cap hell (after 5 years) ?
So much for that 80 years simulation they run lol to get everything perfect... Who are they trying to fool ?
The Suns have a Payroll of 217 mio in 2023 Basically 7 guys on a max contract, all rated between 82 and 88.

Maybe something that can be tuned with the Inflation-slider, highering the initial Salary cap and maybe a few of the other settings. But ultimately something that 2K has to do.

To their credit: Last year they tuned CPU contract extensions being way too low.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
The Suns have a Payroll of 217 mio in 2023 Basically 7 guys on a max contract, all rated between 82 and 88.

Maybe something that can be tuned with the Inflation-slider, highering the initial Salary cap and maybe a few of the other settings. But ultimately something that 2K has to do.

To their credit: Last year they tuned CPU contract extensions being way too low.
Every team like this ? I can't believe every team is over the cap ? 7 players between 82 and 88 is a really great team, maybe they just drafted well !

Keep in mind that the salary cap 6 years ago was 58 millions. But 80+ players unsigned is really unrealistic if this is true and it's very alarming for someone like me who only plays MyLeague.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #28
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: There is a big Issue with the Euro-Stash System

I'm more worried about if a player you draft and stash improves his overall a few years down the line ?

If there is a problem I'm sure it will be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogee134
Every team like this ? I can't believe every team is over the cap ? 7 players between 82 and 88 is a really great team, maybe they just drafted well !

Keep in mind that the salary cap 6 years ago was 58 millions. But 80+ players unsigned is really unrealistic if this is true and it's very alarming for someone like me who only plays MyLeague.
Unfortunately the screenshots/clips saved from the game (via gameDVR) can not be uploaded to onedrive/xboxlive, otherwise i would just post a vid.

But it is definitely an issue, even though the Suns are obviously an extreme example. The issue seems to lie with too many players rated around 80 being signed to near-max extensions coming off their rookie contracts. Most team operate right around the Luxury Tax (around 130 mio)

There are even "mitigating factors" like for example an aging (33 years old, 82 rated) Gordon Hayward signing an extension for just 8 mio per for after his current 40 mio max runs out. Which is not possible in real life either, as far as i am concerned (but a shortcut i can live with)

Or quite a few good FAs signing for the min after a few weeks (that's good to see)

Last edited by Whomario; 09-14-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Unfortunately the screenshots/clips saved from the game (via gameDVR) can not be uploaded to onedrive/xboxlive, otherwise i would just post a vid.

But it is definitely an issue, even though the Suns are obviously an extreme example. The issue seems to lie with too many players rated around 80 being signed to near-max extensions coming off their rookie contracts.

There are even "mitigating factors" like for example an aging (33 years old, 82 rated) Gordon Hayward signing an extension for just 8 mio per for after his current 40 mio max runs out. Which is not possible in real life either, as far as i am concerned (but a shortcut i can live with)

Or quite a few good FAs signing for the min after a few weeks (that's good to see)
Ok so there is no 80+ free agents left in the pool mid season ? That is good to know. From an extreme to another... Obviously I'd prefer it to be perfect, but I prefer the contracts being too high than the opposite (2K17). At least everyone's in the same situation, last year it was soooo easy to sign (and resign) good players to the minimum or under their value.

Hope it will be fixed though.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:21 PM   #31
Pro

Anybody on Xbox One willing to swap "clean" Draft Classes for the time being ? Simply create like 2 or 3 (or 5) draft classes where you edit the stash-players to normal ? All one needs to do is click on edit --> Vitals --> Stash Years left = 0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #32
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

This is probably because they still have player asking prices stuck in a rigid formula determined mostly by OVR, AGE and POT, and still haven't created a kind of supply and demand free agent market system. It's just a big hole in the logic that has always existed and which has required me in past years to do 30 team manual control of the FA market and even edit player salaries when they just can't be signed for realistic amounts.

So, for example, Derrick Rose started this off season looking for a 20 Million dollar deal and ended up taking minimum. He's worth minimum, but he didn't know that, and the market told him so. 2K has no way to replicate that outcome if DRose has an OVR in the game of 75 or whatever, so these guys get signed for too much money and teams do no semi-sim cap management.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »