Home

Unable to do expansion myGM

This is a discussion on Unable to do expansion myGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Unable to do expansion myGM

I am not finding a way to do a myGM with an expansion team. I will be so disappointed if you can't. That was the number one thing I was looking forward to. You could do it last year. Somebody please tell me I'm doing something wrong and there is a way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
MVP

eric7064's Arena

Re: Unable to do expansion myGM

I dont have it but I am hearing the same things. I honestly have no idea why they would think this is a good idea. I prefer MYGM over Myleague yet love doing the expansion route. And now its gone, I wonder if it has to do with the Story mode aspect. Its honestly devastating news.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I dont have it but I am hearing the same things. I honestly have no idea why they would think this is a good idea. I prefer MYGM over Myleague yet love doing the expansion route. And now its gone, I wonder if it has to do with the Story mode aspect. Its honestly devastating news.

This is a killer for me. I spent 100% of my time with 2k17 doing myGM expansion franchise. I thought the story mode myGM was going to be cool but I don't even see myself doing it now because I want to do an expansion team, and with a 3 year old and a 1 year old I definitely don't have time for two franchises.

Hugely disappointed. That killed my excitement for this game within minutes of starting it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn, that suck to hear that
Old 09-14-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Since MyGm is a story-driven mode I understand why they wouldn't have expansion teams.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 10:14 PM   #6
MVP

eric7064's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Since MyGm is a story-driven mode I understand why they wouldn't have expansion teams.
See thats not true though. The mode isnt story driven. It has implemented a story but it has stressed that its all 100% under user control and not pre-determined like Mycareer is.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Rookie

dahlzy19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee
This is a killer for me. I spent 100% of my time with 2k17 doing myGM expansion franchise. I thought the story mode myGM was going to be cool but I don't even see myself doing it now because I want to do an expansion team, and with a 3 year old and a 1 year old I definitely don't have time for two franchises.

Hugely disappointed. That killed my excitement for this game within minutes of starting it up.

Sent from my iPhone using
So can we do an expansion team in MyLeague? Can we do an expansion team at all? Can someone expand on this that's playing the game right now, I'm at work and didn't look into this last night....spent like an hour trying to that dang face scan gimmick.

I was looking forward to this since I passed up NBA 2K17.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlzy19
So can we do an expansion team in MyLeague? Can we do an expansion team at all? Can someone expand on this that's playing the game right now, I'm at work and didn't look into this last night....spent like an hour trying to that dang face scan gimmick.

I was looking forward to this since I passed up NBA 2K17.
I agree -- I was so close to doing a last minute pre-order pick up, just like dahlzy19, I skipped NBA 2k17, but liked how you could create expansions.

I know you can still relocate teams and change the landscape around, but is it possible to start a MyGM/MyLeague with an Expansion team?

Please let us know who have not picked up the game yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »