Home

The Amount of 85 Overalls is Ridiculous

This is a discussion on The Amount of 85 Overalls is Ridiculous within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #121
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Amount of 85 Overalls is Ridiculous

It's pretty simple. Don't buy the game.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but if you think you are being ripped off, then move on.

In capitalist structures, prices are set by supply and demand. If the demand falls off, then you better believe 2K will make changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #122
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but if you think you are being ripped off, then move on.

In capitalist structures, prices are set by supply and demand. If the demand falls off, then you better believe 2K will make changes.
This is exactly right. Market determines what works and what doesn't. If VC becomes unpopular and offensive to people then it will be scaled back or changed in some fashion. So far it hasn't done that on a significant scale so nothing at all is going to change anytime soon.

People who don't like this need to keep in mind microtransactions and DLC that keep our games, which cost millions of dollars more to make now than they did just years ago, stay at $59.99 instead of rising in price to $69.99 or higher.

So yes while it has some downsides the upside is it keeps gaming affordable.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-18-2017, 11:35 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This is exactly right. Market determines what works and what doesn't. If VC becomes unpopular and offensive to people then it will be scaled back or changed in some fashion. So far it hasn't done that on a significant scale so nothing at all is going to change anytime soon.

People who don't like this need to keep in mind microtransactions and DLC that keep our games, which cost millions of dollars more to make now than they did just years ago, stay at $59.99 instead of rising in price to $69.99 or higher.

So yes while it has some downsides the upside is it keeps gaming affordable.

How much did you spend on VC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 11:51 AM   #124
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
How much did you spend on VC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$19 so far, will probably spend a little more at some point.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-19-2017, 07:22 PM   #125
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT

Can I get a refund I wonder? I find it's more trouble than it's worth to try and play as a new 60 OVR - as soon as I join a 'got next' spot on a court, it's like I farted as any 80+ player will run away because they don't want to be on the same team as a 60. I spent 30 minutes trying to join a game just now but gave up. I knew 2K were engineering the online experience to gouge money via VC purchases but it's at a new level now that I wasn't informed of before purchasing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
actually, it is.
If you play the game for 12 months, 100 bucks goes down to paying $8.33 per month to play NBA 2k18 which doesn't seem to bad.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:58 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkybob
If you play the game for 12 months, 100 bucks goes down to paying $8.33 per month to play NBA 2k18 which doesn't seem to bad.
things never do when you do that. It's like when I used to tell people I dunno how they could subscribe to a game, and they'd be like man, what it's like going out to one movie a month, it's not a big deal.

It's a big deal because it's increasing, and pretty much every person I've heard saying they don't care about VC is not a competitive online focused player.

I'm glad there is some backlash. They got the price of haircuts down, haha. It's gonna be sad if that appeases some people, but I agree with the general (altho people are saying it to be a jerk) sentiment of don't buy the game. Dudes gotta learn how to take an L for one year in order to get what they want. "Trust the process."

Just like I'd buy 2k, regardless of VC shenanigans if they just introduced an archetype based, ranked 5 on 5 mode. That's all they gotta do to get my money and probably other people's, too. The reason they won't do that is because they want their 'ranked' mode to be VC based... and guess what, that kind of means you *do* have to either grind hard or buy VC.

If there was a secondary ranked MOBA-like mode where you'd get SLASHER/PLAYMAKER ( or if they wanted to go all out, they could make dudes with names and give them little backstories haha. Some old man character like uncle drew... I dunno) and it'd randomize the order, one guy would pick on your team, then another guy would pick on the other team. Then when everyone was locked in, the game would start. And it'd keep your stats and would be like most used archetype is x... w/l record overall, with most used archetype, etc. It'd not be that hard to implement. That would change the VC dynamic.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »