Home

NBA 2k18: THe Good, The Bad and The Ugly

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18: THe Good, The Bad and The Ugly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18: THe Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
SimWorld is the only one who can fix this. I don't even believe 2k will at this point. The only thing, isn't SimWorld XBox only?
They are on Xbox yes and thatīs easily the best NBA 2K experience you can get, they are the only reason Iīm on Xbox.
I still have the dream that 2K will one day work with them together in some way.
But even with their Draft Classes you will need to manually change the Tendencies, but of course not as much as with the generated Classes.

However, I do believe 2K will patch the contracts and the Draft&Stash bugs and hopefully the overpowered Rookies too.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:08 AM   #74
Pro

Want to thank you all for the work you're putting in. You've essentially helped confirm my decision to hold off on the game as it hasn't addressed many of the issues with my favorite mode, MyLeague.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:05 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 4

So i managed to go to 2023 without the player height bug occurring while manually editing the euro-stash guys and being pretty happy with my setup for progression/regression/cap situation.

Problem is i am not sure how i avoided it this time or rather what triggered it

I have eliminated "create story line" option (partly used this in both) and using a custom roster (did it in neither).

@CWSapp and others who have made multi-year sims (past 2020, which is where the bug ocurred for me), can you quickly check for the height bug i encountered ? Just need to go to "find a player" and then set PG and Height above 6'7 ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 09:28 AM   #76
Pro

NBA 2k18: THe Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote:
SimWorld is the only one who can fix this. I don't even believe 2k will at this point. The only thing, isn't SimWorld XBox only?

I've been a simworld guy for many years. Literally bought an Xbox one just for them.

Sapp, dreece, etc I love you guys and your work is always phenomenal

But it's so in depth, plus real lives, and the league, it takes months just for one draft class and we never get more than 5 or 6 (by summer the year later)

2k needs to change, as good as simworld is, because of 2ks ineptitude to change the core of myleague, you can never advance deep into it
Old 09-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #77
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
So i managed to go to 2023 without the player height bug occurring while manually editing the euro-stash guys and being pretty happy with my setup for progression/regression/cap situation.

I have eliminated "create story line" option (partly used this in both) and using a custom roster (did it in neither).

@CWSapp and others who have made multi-year sims (past 2020, which is where the bug ocurred for me), can you quickly check for the height bug i encountered ? Just need to go to "find a player" and then set PG and Height above 6'7 ...
Any chance you could post all the steps you did when starting up a MyLeague?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #78
Pro

OVR: 4

People wanting to really have a good myleague experience eventually ought to have a look at the "Intangibles" rating. Most current good players have this very high (even Cousins), most players coming into the league via future draft classes have it very low. Basically a 70 rated player from a Draft Class is actually closer to a 75 rated player on the court. Try lowering Cousins rating by 30 for example or raise any random created player by 30. (Intangibles seems to be irrelevant in the game and purely used to facelift ratings).

So my suggestion for a quick and dirty workaround (ideally you would pre-edit half a dozen draft classes and then load them randomly) would be:

1) Lower Draft Class Quality significantly in the my-league menu/options (before starting the mode you can change this)

2) then when prompted to load the first draft class choose "create/edit draft class" and make sure there are about 5 or 6 players with a 73+ ovrl. If there are significantly more i would recommend to Exit and try again. If you are happy with the class, stay in the draft class:

3) press start for quick edit --> go to the far right to Intangibles ---> Press "A" (or the PS4 equivalent), now you can mass edit every draftees Intangible rating for every player + 30.

4) Now scroll all the way to the left and click "A" on Age and lower it by 1 (NBA creates the rookies a year too old at least on average or rather creates them fine but since they are loaded before the season they age a year between then and the draft)

5) Now toggle to Tendencies ("Y" Button) and edit the shot tendency of the top players up for players whose archetype is offensive based ("offensive minde four" , "sharpshooter" etc). How much is guess-work I personally tend to edit this after the draft individually or rather scroll through the rosters every other year and then make a few quick edits for players who are offensive minded but whose scoring is way lower than their Ovrl suggests. Hope that makes sense.

Personally i also mass-edit height down by an Inch for all players that way, there are just too many 7'2 Centers, 6'10 SFs and 6'4 PGs.

That way the players have a decent level, have a chance to reach their potential and are not plagued by the cosmetic malus of an OVRL lower than their skills warrant but are not too overpowered on the pitch.

They still are kinda unbalanced (though it does not look suuuuper terrible), but it's a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Any chance you could post all the steps you did when starting up a MyLeague?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Player Progression at 45 and Regression at 55, cpu-resigning agressivness 40 (to see at least a few veterans not resigned), player non-financial Ambitions Factor at 60. Still experimentin here, mind you.

I also created a handful of draft classes that i thought were decently in line with the current roster, making sure to apply what i described above.

That way there were still quite a few teams with a lot of payroll, but always at least a few with cap space in Free Agency and while a lot of decent players signed cheap 1 year contracts it was far from unbearable. And that is without me editing any contracts, which i would do in a normal game ...

In the quick test all i did was browse through the rosters every season between Finals and moving to the off-season (after finals MVP is displayed, go back to Franchise main menu) and edit the draft-stash players about to become eligible to move to the NBA. You can easily identify them by the Yellow Number next to their name, edit those that display a "1" ---> press to edit player ---> contract ---> at the bottom you can switch "euro-stash" to "core" (before that is another "euro-stash" column, don't edit that one but the one at the bottom).

That way we can avoid the game currently screwing their signing up, creating duplicates in the next draft and the player signing for 0$. When editing between Finals and Offseason, the player will be starting his contract the next season and be a Rookie

Last edited by Whomario; 09-16-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #79
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Got you as soon as I get home man.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Operation Sports mobile app
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #80
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
People wanting to really have a good myleague experience eventually ought to have a look at the "Intangibles" rating. Most current good players have this very high (even Cousins), most players coming into the league via future draft classes have it very low. Basically a 70 rated player from a Draft Class is actually closer to a 75 rated player on the court. Try lowering Cousins rating by 30 for example or raise any random created player by 30. (Intangibles seems to be irrelevant in the game and purely used to facelift ratings).

So my suggestion for a quick and dirty workaround (ideally you would pre-edit half a dozen draft classes and then load them randomly) would be:

1) Lower Draft Class Quality significantly in the my-league menu/options (before starting the mode you can change this)

2) then when prompted to load the first draft class choose "create/edit draft class" and make sure there are about 5 or 6 players with a 73+ ovrl. If there are significantly more i would recommend to Exit and try again. If you are happy with the class, stay in the draft class:

3) press start for quick edit --> go to the far right to Intangibles ---> Press "A" (or the PS4 equivalent), now you can mass edit every draftees Intangible rating for every player + 30.

4) Now scroll all the way to the left and click "A" on Age and lower it by 1 (NBA creates the rookies a year too old at least on average or rather creates them fine but since they are loaded before the season they age a year between then and the draft)

5) Now toggle to Tendencies ("Y" Button) and edit the shot tendency of the top players up for players whose archetype is offensive based ("offensive minde four" , "sharpshooter" etc). How much is guess-work I personally tend to edit this after the draft individually or rather scroll through the rosters every other year and then make a few quick edits for players who are offensive minded but whose scoring is way lower than their Ovrl suggests. Hope that makes sense.

Personally i also mass-edit height down by an Inch for all players that way, there are just too many 7'2 Centers, 6'10 SFs and 6'4 PGs.

That way the players have a decent level, have a chance to reach their potential and are not plagued by the cosmetic malus of an OVRL lower than their skills warrant but are not too overpowered on the pitch.

They still are kinda unbalanced (though it does not look suuuuper terrible), but it's a step in the right direction.

Player Progression at 45 and Regression at 55, cpu-resigning agressivness 40 (to see at least a few veterans not resigned), player non-financial Ambitions Factor at 60. Still experimentin here, mind you.

I also created a handful of draft classes that i thought were decently in line with the current roster, making sure to apply what i described above.

That way there were still quite a few teams with a lot of payroll, but always at least a few with cap space in Free Agency and while a lot of decent players signed cheap 1 year contracts it was far from unbearable. And that is without me editing any contracts, which i would do in a normal game ...

In the quick test all i did was browse through the rosters every season between Finals and moving to the off-season (after finals MVP is displayed, go back to Franchise main menu) and edit the draft-stash players about to become eligible to move to the NBA. You can easily identify them by the Yellow Number next to their name, edit those that display a "1" ---> press to edit player ---> contract ---> at the bottom you can switch "euro-stash" to "core" (before that is another "euro-stash" column, don't edit that one but the one at the bottom).

That way we can avoid the game currently screwing their signing up, creating duplicates in the next draft and the player signing for 0$. When editing between Finals and Offseason, the player will be starting his contract the next season and be a Rookie
When you and Sapp run these long term sims, are you seeing good variety in player archetypes as years progress?

I'm trying to figure out if this year will require another team training workaround for player type development like last year. Hoping not, because once you do that, you also have to compensate a little with progression or increased in season training slider. Any time you deviate from default/player type training in any regard for the league it suppresses player development.

Thanks, guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »