Home

NBA 2k18: THe Good, The Bad and The Ugly

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18: THe Good, The Bad and The Ugly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #57
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k18: THe Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Raising the Cap changes nothing as that also makes the contracts rise proportionally as they are (correctly) calculated as percentages of the cap. If you rise the cap to 125 (about a 25% rise) mio you will also see Max Contracts rising by about 25% and every other contract as well, so you gain nothing.
Have you actually tested this though? Not trying to be argumentative, I genuinely would like to see numbers.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:10 PM   #58
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Raising the Cap changes nothing as that also makes the contracts rise proportionally as they are (correctly) calculated as percentages of the cap. If you rise the cap to 125 (about a 25% rise) mio you will also see Max Contracts rising by about 25% and every other contract as well, so you gain nothing.

My educated guess (after a handfull of trial sims) is to rise Player regression to 55, lower progression to 40. Then make sure to pre-create draft classes (once those are working) that are not too overpowered or lower the draft class quality slide to 35-40. I also think that raising the non-financial incentives might be a decent idea.

In my tests this resulted in the roster quality staying more comparable to the present day roster. It might also actually not be a terrible idea to run expansion after 4 or 5 years to spread talent around further and bring in two more spenders into the market.

I would also recommend editing the default roster to shorten the prime of many players and do the same for the draft classes (yeah, it sucks that you then see the ratings ...)
I've thought for years the game made it hard to sign guys in middle tier contracts. Players rigidly ask for their peak salary by 2K's formula and no matter how you play with the signing and negotiation sliders, their zone for saying "yes" remains mostly unchanged.

So we end up with too many max guys and too many near minimum guys. And when teams run out of cap, the league is not well balanced through ranges of talent, and CPU roster construction logic continues to be weak, you get these starter level players unsigned. 2K has a hack workaround fix for this by signing them as the season starts for minimum deals - they put that in a few years ago.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:20 PM   #59
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

I know you guys mentioned the League Expansion helping. What if we started a MyLeague save with a full 6 expansion teams. Would that help?
Old 09-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #60
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Man players are extremely animated/cartoon looking this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was literally talking to my cousin 10 min ago on the phone giving him details about 18 because he doesn't have it yet, and one of the first thing I said was compared to Live, players look more cartoonish....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Have you actually tested this though? Not trying to be argumentative, I genuinely would like to see numbers.
I did test it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #62
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Having played 2k16 the last two years, 2k18 is a HUGE upgrade and I love the gameplay and it's way easier to drive to the lane than 16.

PROS:

Solid gameplay.
City Skyline shots are retained.

CONS:

Free Throws are hard as hell.
No sleeved jerseys.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:54 PM   #63
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quick question, when did the issues start coming up for free agency? Was it during the 1st offseason or after a while?

I did a 6 team expansion plus I changed the settings to match what Whomario said and Durant, Cousins and Paul George all signed for decent contracts.

Or did the issues start 4-5 years down the road?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Quick question, when did the issues start coming up for free agency? Was it during the 1st offseason or after a while?

I did a 6 team expansion plus I changed the settings to match what Whomario said and Durant, Cousins and Paul George all signed for decent contracts.

Or did the issues start 4-5 years down the road?
Down the road, when the first batch of current promising players on rookie contracts signs extensions.

Nothing with regard to myleague should be tested for only 1 season, no point.

Last edited by Whomario; 09-15-2017 at 10:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »