Home

NBA 2K18 How to Get Badges for MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 How to Get Badges for MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 03:04 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 How to Get Badges for MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Yeah I played for like 12 hours straight on launch day and have 18 badges total. Subtract the 6 you blue ones you get from just upgraded with VC and I have 12 badges on my playmaking post scorer

Funny thing is neither are drop stepper or post spin. I'm just naturally getting them and I love it

Sent from my iPhone using

Wow. I really thought about a build like this. How you enjoying it? Playing out of the high post primarily? I've always played bigs and enjoyed passing and assisting.

Let me know your thoughts. Interesting stuff.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:07 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkybob
One thing I am glad about in this game compared to 2k17 as a LDD is how much easier the charge card and chase down artist badges are to get.

Truth. The exercises are such a welcome addition.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:48 AM   #35
Banned

Housh123's Arena

NBA 2K18 How to Get Badges for MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani Gultinder
Wow. I really thought about a build like this. How you enjoying it? Playing out of the high post primarily? I've always played bigs and enjoyed passing and assisting.

Let me know your thoughts. Interesting stuff.

The way I made him I wanted him to be able to guard any position on the court and I feel like I got close enough to it as possible. I made my guy 6' 11" and 272 pounds. The only people I can't guard are max height/max weight guys who back me down all the way under the rim and dunk. Also the very few PGs that can actually dribble can drop me off too but I'm usually never matched up with a PG.

This build at the height I selected was very fast for a big man and could dribble very good on the fast break. I still got ripped A lot if I tried to ISO dribble so I learned to stop doing it. But the ideal scenario for this build was getting the rebound and dribbling it down the court and finding a teammate or, out running the other big for an easy dunk. I get so many easy dunks with this build its insane.

Yes I play out of the midrange and high post but the second I sense that the other team isn't gonna double me i abuse my matchup with post scoring. The good thing about this guy is if you know every time you backdown your gonna get doubled you can transition to a midrange game easily. I made this guys arms shorter than max wingspan so he could get the quicker jump shots and I got his release From midrange so good that I could green release 90% of the jumpers I took. Also at 65 3 point shot I could hit around 35% from 3 as well. My dude got deleted so I can't check actual stats but I believe I was around 35%. If someone with dimer passes me the ball I could green out that 65 3point rating.

I ran almost 150 playground games and literally I was the only playmaking post scorer I ever saw. Able to run with guards, rebound with bigs and shoot out to midrange just as good as anybody id definitely recommend my build especially since going max height and max weight has become the new center wave. I can't even explain how many times I got the board and made a play simply because I outran a guy down the court. I got dimer so quickly on this guy because ppl had to stop my lane to the rim and I'd pass right out to a shooter

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 09-20-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #36
Rookie

Anyone know what quantifies as a "hard hit" for Bruiser?

Play mostly NBA my career and some playground games and i may end up with 1 "hit"

Try to set a lot of hard screens, back screens and whatnot. Just like to know what quantifies so i can get that badge leveled up

Also, best way to get "chase down artist"? let someone pass you from three point line and block from behind?

thx
Old 09-20-2017, 07:13 AM   #37
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aricin
Anyone know what quantifies as a "hard hit" for Bruiser?

Play mostly NBA my career and some playground games and i may end up with 1 "hit"

Try to set a lot of hard screens, back screens and whatnot. Just like to know what quantifies so i can get that badge leveled up

Also, best way to get "chase down artist"? let someone pass you from three point line and block from behind?

thx
Just set lots of screens & do the chase down artist drill. You only need 6K for bronze i believe.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #38
Rookie

As a playmaking shot creator the idea of having to run out my stamina and not turn ball over is terrible. Midrange deadeye also sucks not on rookie. Tireless scorer is the most ridiculous badge to get naturally ever.

The more you increase your stamina or get boosts at the exercise spot the worst it is. It doesn't make any sense especially considering how much you have to do it.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #39
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryocoola31
As a playmaking shot creator the idea of having to run out my stamina and not turn ball over is terrible. Midrange deadeye also sucks not on rookie. Tireless scorer is the most ridiculous badge to get naturally ever.

The more you increase your stamina or get boosts at the exercise spot the worst it is. It doesn't make any sense especially considering how much you have to do it.

There is a midrange deadeye still that helps a good bit. Other than that I rarely see the badge get any XP points.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
There is a midrange deadeye still that helps a good bit. Other than that I rarely see the badge get any XP points.
Long grind through that one. I going to try to just contested shots on 1 on 1 and try my luck in career. I think you only get 1000 for three stars on that mid range deadeye one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »