Home

And as usual the lack of non-shooting fouls is a joke.

This is a discussion on And as usual the lack of non-shooting fouls is a joke. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 02:15 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: And as usual the lack of non-shooting fouls is a joke.

1 thing I found interesting but it may have just been like something you don't see much and just so happened to see it when I changed some sliders but my last game I saw 2 move screens by CPU before that I had only seen like 1 over all in like 4-5 games and also saw a 3 in the key on the CPU both on d and when they had they ball and I had not seen either one of those even once in 4-5 games before I raised offensive awareness up some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 02:56 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

i want to know why the hell 2k doesn't release a CLEAR FULL DOCUMENTATION of their slider system!

Last edited by penny80; 09-18-2017 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:41 AM   #27
All Star

So I just played a crazy great over time game that I won 137-129 and there where 29 fouls called in the game and only I think like 6 where not shooting fouls and that was with like blocking and charging both at 100. In like 7 games I think I have only seen 1 charge call to. Also I know its not a none shooting foul but I don't think I have seen any one get called for a foul on a jump shoot either. Only time I like get fouled is like on a drive or a shoot close to the basket and in real life guys are like getting fouled on Jump shoots like more then ever before.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:05 AM   #28
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So I just played a crazy great over time game that I won 137-129 and there where 29 fouls called in the game and only I think like 6 where not shooting fouls and that was with like blocking and charging both at 100. In like 7 games I think I have only seen 1 charge call to. Also I know its not a none shooting foul but I don't think I have seen any one get called for a foul on a jump shoot either. Only time I like get fouled is like on a drive or a shoot close to the basket and in real life guys are like getting fouled on Jump shoots like more then ever before.

Same experience Ive had as well, with fouls, only shooting fouls is when I drive, and Ive played 6 full games, as I only play12 minute qtrs, and I have taken 1 charge, and not seen the CPU take any charges. This is on SS level as well, 1st couple were on AS, but do to the ACE for AI smartness I moved up a level, as some say it dont wokr as well on lower levels, so Im having to try and tweak sliders as SS is too hard for me, my reactions and reflexes just dont work like they use to, due to all the pain meds they have me on, Im always a couple steps too slow,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #29
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I messed with taken charges tendency in past yrs, and cant say it really seemed to impact the game with more attempted charges.
After playing a few more games, I think I saw more charges in 17 actually, and there wasnt enough then either.
I tried mass editing all players on both teams to have 100 on their take charge tendency, and then I also gave every single player on both teams a Hall of Fame Charge Card Badge. I didn't notice any extra charges/blocking fouls in the game. Maybe someone should do this and play a full 48 minute game. But I thought I would notice a difference even in the first quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
With the Body sensitivity at 100 though is it like to hard to get to the basket with out being contact or any thing?
No it isn't difficult like in 2K17. Still perfect.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #30
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
I tried mass editing all players on both teams to have 100 on their take charge tendency, and then I also gave every single player on both teams a Hall of Fame Charge Card Badge. I didn't notice any extra charges/blocking fouls in the game. Maybe someone should do this and play a full 48 minute game. But I thought I would notice a difference even in the first quarter.

Yeah thats been my experience as well, when editing taken charge tendencies. So that tells me its a issue in coding, and not a issue with wrong tendency ratings.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-18-2017, 10:14 PM   #31
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg

Oh I was just worried that it would make there be way to much bumping like in the past and make it to hard to drive on a player when you have a miss match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 11:28 PM   #32
Rookie

ifeanyi18's Arena

IIRC from previous 2k's to get proper amount of fouls you have to max out the contact shot frequency sliders(Driving & Inside). Was the only way I could get a relatively accurate number. Appears their foul system probably just generates a random percentage for a foul occurrence based off whether or not there was contact on the play so with more contact you see more fouls. So even with the foul sliders maxed(which probably increases the % chance of a foul if the game recognizes contact) if there isn't much contact occurring that the game "recognizes" then it still won't significantly affect the number of fouls.

Last edited by ifeanyi18; 09-18-2017 at 11:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »