Home

And as usual the lack of non-shooting fouls is a joke.

This is a discussion on And as usual the lack of non-shooting fouls is a joke. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:27 AM   #33
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: And as usual the lack of non-shooting fouls is a joke.

is there anything foul related in the tendency sliders in the gameplay sliders?
Old 09-19-2017, 12:47 AM   #34
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
is there anything foul related in the tendency sliders in the gameplay sliders?
Go for On Ball Steals (obviously leads to more reach in fouls) and Contest Shots (leads to more shooting fouls).

Also make sure you set Body Up Sensitivity, On Ball Defense, and Lateral Quickness high enough so defenders don't just watch guys drive past them to the hoop and the game can trigger charging/blocking foul animations.

Inside/Drive Contact Shot Frequency sliders should ALWAYS be maxed out IMO. This triggers more realistic animations when attacking the basket and, depending on how high you have your Shooting Foul slider set, will give you way more shooting fouls on dunk/layup attempts.

Just remember that the USER foul sliders affect how many fouls are called AGAINST the USER, and vice versa for the CPU foul sliders.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:03 AM   #35
All Star

OVR: 0

So I tried putting the body slider thing up to 100 last game and still most of my fouls where shooting fouls didn't real notice a difference in fouls or even how the game was played felt looked the same to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 02:00 AM   #36
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

And as usual the lack of non-shooting fouls is a joke.

I'm seeing a ton of illegal screens this year lol. Over the backs. A charge or two a game. Plenty of blocking fouls. I'm averaging about 24-28 FT's per game, and the CPU typically hovers around 20-24. 12 min quarters, default superstar offline MyLeague and Play Now games.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:33 AM   #37
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I'm seeing a ton of illegal screens this year lol. Over the backs. A charge or two a game. Plenty of blocking fouls. I'm averaging about 24-28 FT's per game, and the CPU typically hovers around 20-24. 12 min quarters, default superstar offline MyLeague and Play Now games.
Are you seeing any shooting fouls in 3pt attempts, and/or midrange shot attempts? I havent seen any fouls on 3pt attempts, and I think Ive seen 2 shooting fouls just outside the paint is all in probably 7 or 8 games, and that with playing a full 48 minute games.

I have defnitely seen more illegal picks than in past games, and get the occassional over the back call. But the only shooting fouls are always in the paint on drives.

Im not even actually sure the foul sliders due much, as having them all raised to 100 didnt really change much in way of fouls, not like it should have.
IMO, if you set all fouls sliders to a 100, then you should get too many fouls, like how they call college basketball games these days,lol.

This has been a problem forever with NBA2k, so I dont see them fixing it. Ive yet to see the CPU take a charge against me, and I have drawn 2 charges is all. I saw more charging calls last yr than this yr so far.

I will continue to tweak sliders in hopes of finding a way to fix it, but IMO, this is something the devs needs to fix, but likely wont. Reason being, if they made a game that was a true simulation, the crybabies who play online would throw a fit, same goes for why we dont see enough non steal turnovers in the game. This is the 2 areas where online play has really hurt the game from being a true simulation of basketball.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-22-2017, 05:36 AM   #38
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Are you seeing any shooting fouls in 3pt attempts, and/or midrange shot attempts? I havent seen any fouls on 3pt attempts, and I think Ive seen 2 shooting fouls just outside the paint is all in probably 7 or 8 games, and that with playing a full 48 minute games.

I have defnitely seen more illegal picks than in past games, and get the occassional over the back call. But the only shooting fouls are always in the paint on drives.

Im not even actually sure the foul sliders due much, as having them all raised to 100 didnt really change much in way of fouls, not like it should have.
IMO, if you set all fouls sliders to a 100, then you should get too many fouls, like how they call college basketball games these days,lol.

This has been a problem forever with NBA2k, so I dont see them fixing it. Ive yet to see the CPU take a charge against me, and I have drawn 2 charges is all. I saw more charging calls last yr than this yr so far.

I will continue to tweak sliders in hopes of finding a way to fix it, but IMO, this is something the devs needs to fix, but likely wont. Reason being, if they made a game that was a true simulation, the crybabies who play online would throw a fit, same goes for why we dont see enough non steal turnovers in the game. This is the 2 areas where online play has really hurt the game from being a true simulation of basketball.

I've only seen 2 shooting fouls behind the arc. But, those really don't happen all that often in real life so it doesn't bother me that much. I've seen guys get fouled on midrange shots but it's definitely not enough. My point was just that I'm getting pretty realistic amounts of foul calls and free throw attempts.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #39
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I've only seen 2 shooting fouls behind the arc. But, those really don't happen all that often in real life so it doesn't bother me that much. I've seen guys get fouled on midrange shots but it's definitely not enough. My point was just that I'm getting pretty realistic amounts of foul calls and free throw attempts.

Now days, we see shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, quite often, way more than it use to be, now it happens on a regular basis IRL.

As far as seeing a realistic amount free throws, yeah I also shoot as doe the CPU usually a realistic amount of freethrows. Foul attempts as a whole are a little to low, but free throw attempts, is usually pretty realistic majority of games.

I think the problem is likley 2 things, the 1st being that foul sliders dont have enough impact when raising them up, and 2, I truly believe its just bad coding, same goes for lack of non steal turnovers.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-22-2017, 01:53 PM   #40
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

working pretty well for me in my GM/Franchise. The CPU might need tweaking. I had 15 free throws for my team in my first game, all shooting fouls. The cpu only had like 4 free throws though. I might raise their sliders a bit...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »