Home

Realistic shooting percentages

This is a discussion on Realistic shooting percentages within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:42 AM   #17
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Realistic shooting percentages

The sad thing is you know folks will cry and 2K will cave in, AS USUAL.

And the complaining about, "I miss TOO MANY green releases" is so annoying.

As someone said before, people love to victimize themselves and everything FEELS like it happens 3X as much as it actually happens. (RE: I miss too many ______ dudes)
Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #18
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball2hardtolose
You post 1 game and call it evidence? Shooting is perfect and doesnt need tuning at all.

You can change the sliders yourself if u like though. No need to ruin it for everyone else
Here is another. How many games would you like little guy. I have alot. Every game some 60 rated guy is hitting 4 threes. You can change your sliders to make shooting easier also, so I dont understand how that changes anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS_Messages_20170917_233947.jpg (438.8 KB, 68 views)

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-22-2017, 07:44 AM   #19
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
The sad thing is you know folks will cry and 2K will cave in, AS USUAL.

And the complaining about, "I miss TOO MANY green releases" is so annoying.

As someone said before, people love to victimize themselves and everything FEELS like it happens 3X as much as it actually happens. (RE: I miss too many ______ dudes)
I pray that they dont make shooting easier.

Settings I play on.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Here is another. How many games would you like little guy. I have alot. Every game some 60 rated guy is hitting 4 threes. You can change your sliders to make shooting easier also, so I dont understand how that changes anything.
Nobody knows what settings you play on. U hit a few ****s against horrible defense. R u saying nba guards or at least 1-3 cqnt hit 3s wide open?

Changing sliders yourself mean everything. Stop asking 2k to adjust sliders when u can do it yourself.

Man prolly riggung stats to prove a point. Get a life instead of crying on a forum bout wat needs to be fixed
Old 09-22-2017, 08:33 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Shooting is the best that it has ever been. I have been playing on HOF with default user sliders and consistently get realistic percentages. In the past I always needed to lower user shooting or else I would be above 50%.

I ended up raising all CPU shooting sliders to 55 and I am seeing good results. I play very active defense and have learned how to switch back and forth from on-ball to off-ball. The high CPU sliders allow Superstar players to perform at an elite level. Average players still miss most of their contested shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTonD56
Shooting is the best that it has ever been. I have been playing on HOF with default user sliders and consistently get realistic percentages. In the past I always needed to lower user shooting or else I would be above 50%.

I ended up raising all CPU shooting sliders to 55 and I am seeing good results. I play very active defense and have learned how to switch back and forth from on-ball to off-ball. The high CPU sliders allow Superstar players to perform at an elite level. Average players still miss most of their contested shots.
Thank you. I just don't understand the other guy. Most people are saying what you and I are saying. I just hate when its that one person that just post random stats and say, "lower percentage." That just ruins the game for everyone
Old 09-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #23
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
That isn't how sample sizes work.

Also, JUST posting the stats don't tell the whole story.

How were those makes? What was the context of those makes? Was he WIDE open? Did his team have momentum?

Video evidence is much better than stats out of any context
Old 09-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #24
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
That isn't how sample sizes work.

Also, JUST posting the stats don't tell the whole story.

How were those makes? What was the context of those makes? Was he WIDE open? Did his team have momentum?

Video evidence is much better than stats out of any context
I try not to load up the board with youtube videos. All of these games are recorded on youtube. I have about 5 full games up and 4 out of the 5 games a below 70 rated shooters hit 4 threes or more. My youtube link is at the bottom.

ALL OF THE SHOTS WERE WIDE OPEN. The threes can be guarded, but that isnt my point. My point is that guys like tony allen dont knock down 50 percent of their wide open threes. I think the offense and defense is well balanced. I just dont think every guy should consistently knock down open shots.

I agree with everything you are saying, and i record everything for that reason.

I bet Tony Allen hasnt hit 4 threes in a game 1 single time in his entire career. Same for Giannis. I am 100 percent sure they havent done it at a 50 percent clip.

My issue isnt with the shooting or its mechanics. Simply the rate that poor shooters hit threes.

Settings I play on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »