Home

2K18 - Unable to join Team Pro Am arena (Region Lock?)

This is a discussion on 2K18 - Unable to join Team Pro Am arena (Region Lock?) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2017, 02:22 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K18 - Unable to join Team Pro Am arena (Region Lock?)

Let me know if the time zone switch works for pro am on ps4. Thanks guys!
Old 09-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #10
Rookie

Changing timezone does not work on PS4. I believe the region block has something to do with the game license. Like if the game was bought in the US, you can only join US servers no matter what (even though you are in Europe).

When I accepted an invite I kept going to a different server. When I tried to "join" friends from PS4 menu, it gives me an error code. It just sucks that I have to go all through this just to play with people I know.

UPDATE: I will try the VPN route today. If I can connect to my friends, then it means it's IP based if not then it confirms my 1st theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I'm in Germany and I have friends in the Midwest and Texas CST. Not having issues with playing ProAm with them. I have my X1 set to US CST and not Europe, not sure if that corrected the issue.
Hey man did you buy NBA 2K18 using your US account?

Last edited by UncleKyrie; 09-17-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #11
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleKyrie
Changing timezone does not work on PS4. I believe the region block has something to do with the game license. Like if the game was bought in the US, you can only join US servers no matter what (even though you are in Europe).

When I accepted an invite I kept going to a different server. When I tried to "join" friends from PS4 menu, it gives me an error code. It just sucks that I have to go all through this just to play with people I know.

UPDATE: I will try the VPN route today. If I can connect to my friends, then it means it's IP based if not then it confirms my 1st theory.

Hey man did you buy NBA 2K18 using your US account?
Bought mine at German Gamestop. The box is even in German. Because my settings are US I didn't have to change any settings in the game itself for the writing to be in English.

In the Neighborhood we can join each others lobby without issue. Squading up takes a couple requests.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #12
Rookie

It's definitely some lock on east and west coast in us. So I can play playground with my friends on east coast and we can do walk on pro am if we all squad up and go in together. But if we try to enter out my court for our actual pro am team we get split on two servers. 2k needs to get their **** together. Figured they'd invest in their severed considering what kind of revenue they've brought in last few years
Old 09-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
Bought mine at German Gamestop. The box is even in German. Because my settings are US I didn't have to change any settings in the game itself for the writing to be in English.

In the Neighborhood we can join each others lobby without issue. Squading up takes a couple requests.
Thanks for the info. Seems like the issue only happens on PS4 and Switch.

Last edited by UncleKyrie; 09-19-2017 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #14
Rookie

I just changed my time zone on ps4 to est from pst and walked in as a squad with my New York guys....same ****. Separates me and east coasters again. This is insane.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa0224
I just changed my time zone on ps4 to est from pst and walked in as a squad with my New York guys....same ****. Separates me and east coasters again. This is insane.
I wonder if this is a temporary thing since the game is still in Early-Tipoff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa0224
It's definitely some lock on east and west coast in us. So I can play playground with my friends on east coast and we can do walk on pro am if we all squad up and go in together. But if we try to enter out my court for our actual pro am team we get split on two servers. 2k needs to get their **** together. Figured they'd invest in their severed considering what kind of revenue they've brought in last few years
We have not created a ProAm team and tried that yet. We have joined each other's Neighborhood lobby and squaded up and played quite a few ProAm Walk On games. Maybe it's something with ProAm Team Up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »