Home

2K18 - Unable to join Team Pro Am arena (Region Lock?)

This is a discussion on 2K18 - Unable to join Team Pro Am arena (Region Lock?) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K18 - Unable to join Team Pro Am arena (Region Lock?)

Walk on arena isn't a problem.. Like what you said, we can squad up and go to the walk on arena in the same time to solve the problem.

The team pro am arena is a problem. West coast players can never join with East coast players there. Also like you said, its nothing we can do. Its all on 2k side. But they can fix it. We had the same issue in last year. They just need to patch it. The problem is I sent the ticket to 2k support, I never got a response. Luckily, I heard 2K aware the issue.

https://image.ibb.co/msXCKQ/unnamed.jpg

Looks like they aware this issue. I cross my fingers to hope the patch comes out asap.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #50
Rookie

TrueHoliday's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqwing

Looks like they aware this issue. I cross my fingers to hope the patch comes out asap.
Well here’s hoping this is actually true. Makes no sense that Walk On & Park are unlocked while Team Pro Am isnt.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:38 AM   #51
Rookie

2k is such trash. They put so much effort into little things that don't make the game better but pro am still doesn't work. We were a top 25 team last year and get play real pro am games still. I bought a vpn and changed my ip to the east coast, it worked for two day and we got to play 8 games and are undefeated. I tried the past two days with the vpn and it was spotty, had trouble all loading into the gym. Are we really going to have to wait for Monday for another patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 06:32 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleKyrie
To clear things up, there are two problems here. First there is server redirect for regions (east coast, west coast, east eu, west eu etc). This can be fixed by simply starting a party and creating a squad prior to entering the pro-am arena. This works most of the time. In case a member of your team didn't make it to the arena, just let that guy send invites to the other four and join his session.

The other problem is there are multiple versions of NBA 2K18 (US, EU, Asia) with different application id on PS store. The reason why you can't play with your friends who live in a different continent is because the version of their game is different. Nothing you can do really, but buy the game in the region where you want to play.
This is not true really. My PSN ID and Game is Region 3 similar with my friends. However, Im currently in a different continent than theirs. We still cannot go to PROAM My Team Arena. Neighborhood and My Squad does work. Except My Team. And the worst part, the ticket I submitted on the 16/9 were close because 2ksupport said I never reply which kinda suck. I keep on spamming them but no luck. WTF....
Old 10-02-2017, 02:06 PM   #53
Rookie

Ok, I finally got a reply from 2k after I submitted the ticket to 2k support for almost 2 weeks. Here is their reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Bbq Wing,

Thank you for taking the time to contact 2K Support!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with NBA 2K18. I understand how disheartening it can be to experience setbacks and obstacles in the games we dedicate so much of our time to. We as gamers do get passionate about our games and I see why not being able to play along with your friends can cause so much frustration.

The development team has been notified of this issue and are currently working toward a solution for ProAm. However, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and therefore don't have a timeline on when a fix will be implemented. I would recommend installing the latest patch and try again considering all the other modes have been resolved!

As soon as that information will be available, our players will be the first to know. I suggest that you keep an eye on our @2K, @NBA2K and @2KSupport Twitter pages for any updates.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Kind regards,

Camylle R.
2K Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, the reply was BS. Nothing we can do still until they patch it. Well, on positive thinking, I guess I need to appreciate it. At least they finally reply.

Last edited by bbqwing; 10-02-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #54
Just started!

Having the same issue

reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/74hxji/10_reasons_why_nba_2k18_ticks_me_off/

leave an upvote so they can address these issues
Old 10-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

guessing its still broke?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #56
Rookie

TrueHoliday's Arena

I assume this wont ever be fixed at this rate, they had 2-3 patches that did nothing of what they were supposed to fix and this isn’t even mentioned anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »