Home

MyGM/MyLeague : Bird Rights not working/displaying and RFA not functioning

This is a discussion on MyGM/MyLeague : Bird Rights not working/displaying and RFA not functioning within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MyGM/MyLeague : Bird Rights not working/displaying and RFA not functioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It sucks, but at this point I am fairly confident that mycareer gets the bulk of testing done prelaunch.

I'm not ignorant, all of us should know that no developer is able to catch every bug before release. With this in mind, 2K has probably decided that due to VC and microtransactions bugs and glitches in mycareer are a bigger problem than bugs in ML/MyGM, so they decided to devote more QA to MyCareer with the plan to patch the other modes.

I'm not happy about it, but can't honestly say I disagree with it.
The thing is it took me 2 days to find multiple huge bugs that majorly affect gameplay (yes, the sim-aspect of MyLeague is Gameplay). It's not small, cosmetic things but:

1) Players signing 0$ contracts coming off their euro-deals
2) Said players then being duplicated onto the next draft, meaning there are two versions (clones) of half a dozen players apearing every year, sometimes players with significant potential to reach Elite Status (if it were 60 rated players i'd chuckle)
3) Players growing/shrinking to absurd heights for their position
4) Players glitching onto billion dollar contracts and making salary management for that team impossible.

Granted i was not able to recreate the latter two, but in some ways that's even worse not knowing if and when it will rear it's head again.

And now this, which directly affecting every single user in every save game as soon as he goes over the cap or even comes close.

I mean, i won't even start about things like draft classes, player development or sim stats because i realize how the priorities lie. But the Euro-Stash Bug and this resigning-bug should have been aparent to the developers after the first play-through of a season and the subsequent off-season ...
Old 09-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Being that I'm only a Myleague/MyGM for 2K, reading all these issues with the modes and how many bugs/mishaps are there is really making me consider to just skip this year and wait for 2k19 or fix these issues
Old 09-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It sucks, but at this point I am fairly confident that mycareer gets the bulk of testing done prelaunch.

I'm not ignorant, all of us should know that no developer is able to catch every bug before release. With this in mind, 2K has probably decided that due to VC and microtransactions bugs and glitches in mycareer are a bigger problem than bugs in ML/MyGM, so they decided to devote more QA to MyCareer with the plan to patch the other modes.

I'm not happy about it, but can't honestly say I disagree with it.

Its definitely BS, at the lack of testing that MyLeague and MyGm get, quite frankly I sometimes wonder if they actually even test it most of it. Every year these 2 modes are non playable right out of the box. Im glad they still put work into the Association offline side, of things, but its ridiculous that each yr these modes have so many issues.

Im glad Whomario is on the ball, checking this stuff out, maybe they should pay him for being a beta tester.

Glad I kept NBA2k17 installed instead of deleting like I normally do when I get the new game. This way atleast I can go back to my MyLeague if need be in NBA2k17. Obviosuly from gameplay standpoint 18 is much better, but if MyLeague and MyGM dont get fixed, 18 is junk to me.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just to check, did you happen to put all of the "myleague automation" to "manual" instead of "auto." It shouldn't matter, but that could be one reason why the computer is overriding your decisions on QOs.

Also, I would never, ever, be able to send my boss a work assignment unless I was 100% sure that it was mistake free. I can't imagine they are submitting their work without testing these things multiple times. The only explanation is that they are being told "get it to me by 5pm no matter what, dont worry about mistakes, the buyers will do the testing for us after release."
Old 09-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmmartin86
Just to check, did you happen to put all of the "myleague automation" to "manual" instead of "auto." It shouldn't matter, but that could be one reason why the computer is overriding your decisions on QOs.
Yes, all manual. The main thing here is this also happens on players that the cpu pre-selects for you (all these option screens, when you go in a few players will be pre-chosen as a recomendation), so it is clearly more than "just" the cpu taking over and overriding you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 10:54 PM   #22
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
The thing is it took me 2 days to find multiple huge bugs that majorly affect gameplay (yes, the sim-aspect of MyLeague is Gameplay). It's not small, cosmetic things but:

1) Players signing 0$ contracts coming off their euro-deals
2) Said players then being duplicated onto the next draft, meaning there are two versions (clones) of half a dozen players apearing every year, sometimes players with significant potential to reach Elite Status (if it were 60 rated players i'd chuckle)
3) Players growing/shrinking to absurd heights for their position
4) Players glitching onto billion dollar contracts and making salary management for that team impossible.

Granted i was not able to recreate the latter two, but in some ways that's even worse not knowing if and when it will rear it's head again.

And now this, which directly affecting every single user in every save game as soon as he goes over the cap or even comes close.

I mean, i won't even start about things like draft classes, player development or sim stats because i realize how the priorities lie. But the Euro-Stash Bug and this resigning-bug should have been aparent to the developers after the first play-through of a season and the subsequent off-season ...
I'm sure Dave and the team are watching these threads and scrambling to figure out what they can do.

That said, from all that has been reported here, the following core functions of the modes are bugged or badly implemented:
  • draft class tendencies, perhaps especially shooting and touches to fit player archetypes
  • stability of player height over time?
  • CBA implementation, including draft & stash, with players being duplicated via a bug
  • RFA implementation and qualifying offers
  • salary caps for teams, perhaps during the team training period before the new season but maybe more expansive than that
  • salary cap implementation may or may not be affected by league expansion
  • player talent balance based on default generated draft classes over multiple years - too many rookies coming into the league as stars, with aftershocks to league talent composition, salary caps and free agency over multiple years
  • bird rights not working or inconsistently working as in this thread
Other than game play, aren't these the core functions of MyLeague/MyGM coding? I mean, outside of the MyGM story mode coding, what's left to try to get right over 12 months, other than user screens and interfaces? How does the game get released with this many things this bugged and broken?

Thankfully it appears on from the outside that these are all things that won't require deep coding to fix, but I have to join others asking, politely, how does this version of the modes get released?

I understand that Dave's team must be at the very bottom of the resource allocation totem pole at 2K, but then as customers let's be honest and say that early buy/preorder players who focus on these modes are being consciously used as unpaid beta testers, not by Dave and his team but by the suits at 2K. Right now, the game for these modes as released appears to be broken, and only playable if you expect the modes not to deliver minimally on what they claim to deliver and sell to customers.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 09-18-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:03 PM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

As it relates to RFA and UFA:

It seems to be more of a visual bug during the in-between stage of QO and the moratorium and then the actual free agency. Joel Embiid, for example, is listed correctly as a RFA throughout the process. Rodney Hood and McCaw, as you mentioned, get listed as UFAs but then you still get a chance to have their cap hold and such when it gets to that point -- so it seems like more of a visual issue that causes terror more than a problem right away.

That being said, things are unclear as McCaw can only be offered a very small amount while Embiid can get the big-boy money. This may be due to cap holds and such, but the cap holds and all that are sort of wrong anyway. Plus, it's not really visually explained in a great way, plus the organization is suspect as your players that were yours last year get lost in the shuffle with everyone else once you get to free agency.

To go a bit deeper into the cap holds problem, Embiid is listed as only 8 million QO at first (which is right), but then his cap hold is only 12 million, which is incorrect (it should be 18 million as he's coming off a rookie scale and the percentage is higher than is listed in the game).

It doesn't grasp cap holds on a larger scale either. Guys who signed one-year deals last year for example don't appear to be counting as holds for your team even though they should until you actually renounce them completely to UFA -- thus you no longer can offer more etc. than anyone else coming with the downside that their cap hold may be more than they're actually worth (see: Redick with the Sixers after this year).

The NBA CBA is complicated -- I consider myself well versed in it and still I get crossed up at times -- so I'm not shocked to see some issues. That being said, the visual elements of this should at least be working correctly because that's more important than some of the numbers being off by a couple million here and there.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
As it relates to RFA and UFA:

It seems to be more of a visual bug during the in-between stage of QO and the moratorium and then the actual free agency. Joel Embiid, for example, is listed correctly as a RFA throughout the process. Rodney Hood and McCaw, as you mentioned, get listed as UFAs but then you still get a chance to have their cap hold and such when it gets to that point -- so it seems like more of a visual issue that causes terror more than a problem right away.
My point is that players qualifying for the same thing not being handled the same by the game AND the user input being ignored ! If the user gets asked to extend the QO, should that not mean the game is doing so and handling the player in that way ? Screw visuals, if i say "yes" i kinda resent the game screaming back "NO, take a hike"
(and i even found that not picking up the QO on players like LaVine does end up in picking it up, making it extra weird. Conversely, other players have it "pre-selected" when taking controll of the team and it is still not registering)

Did you test it and get a cap-hold displayed for Hood and McCaw ? Because i didn't, but admittedly did not sim more than 2 times, there might well be some element of randomness as to which exact players are affected.

And no, the problem is definitely the game for some reason not extending the QO to those players. There should be no difference in how the game handles Hood and Exum. Or between a LaVine and Warren of the Suns. Yet wether the user (or cpu even does it, which you can see as a "pre-select" in all options) selects "extend qualifying offer" or "decline", Hood and LaVine get treated as RFA with full Bird Rights and Exum, Stauskas or Warren get their rights renounced !

It does not seem that terrible in the first off-season, as many teams have cap room and many of those examples are on teams with cap room but nevertheless: You (and the cpu) should be able to offer them contract on the same parameters as other like LaVine, Mirotic or Hood.

There is no difference between all those players as far as the CBA goes, they are all coming off their rookie contracts after having all 2 options (year 3 and 4) picked up.

Embiid does not bother me much since it is a special case (the game can't really know he was on the team 4 years instead of just 2, so him having to sign under the cap is an outlier i can live with. The problem is (especially going forward with seasons with less cap space) is teams not being able to sign their own former first rounders that they should be able to go over the cap for but can't due to a faulty game mechanic/code.

There are others where it is a "visual bug" of sorts or maybe misconception on my part as i always considered every player a team can sign over the cap (and was on the roster prior to that) as "Bird-players", but there's different types in the CBA for players with a team or under contract (and traded) for 3,2 or 1 season. So i can give the game only marking full Bird-Rights with "Bird".

But these former first rounders not getting the QO extended despite it being picked up is absolutely more than a visual thing. be with non-bird players not all showing as cap holds after the QO stage. Somebody like Sefolosha for example shows with a Cap Hold up onto that point and does not show as such after the QO stage, yet you can actually go over the cap to sign him (essentially up to 120% of his old contract)

Last edited by Whomario; 09-17-2017 at 11:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »