Home

Can we take a moment to congratulate the GAMEPLAY dev team?

This is a discussion on Can we take a moment to congratulate the GAMEPLAY dev team? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 02:23 AM   #65
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Can we take a moment to congratulate the GAMEPLAY dev team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
Hustle, I look to you, Dirk, and Lorenzo for "unbiased" views on the game.

Question: Is this worth picking up or should I wait until January when the final patch comes in?
You shouldve had this 4 days ago. Its just 6 $10 bills. This game fresh out the box gameplay wise is great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #66
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakename22
You are not lying.

I mean I havent touched a single slider....still. Fresh out of the box all star settings is what I play on the most and its just beautiful. This is easily hands down the best replication of a sports game in the history of gaming. This is a masterpiece. With slight tweaks through patches and slider makers doing their thing this will easily be the most enjoyable 2k season for me and I have been here since the first 2k game.

The gameplay absolutely wonderful. I love the new shot meter but I turned it off because the game play is so smooth you can turn it off and just look at the shots and see how the feel on the stick or by pressing square with ease. I love it. Every open shot doesnt go in either. I love 2k removed that. Also loving the new contested layups that people are crying about because they are so used to making them.

I could cry real tears thinking about what this Visual Concepts team could do with NFL.

Funny...I am playing NFL 2k5 right now...that game has so much meat in it...features that are still to this day...13 years later still not in the only football game we have...and they sold it for $20 back then. They've always been big on features and gameplay. The Rockstar of sports gaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #67
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

One of the best things the devastating did was tue fatigue to the pro stick and turbo button. Now you can't just sit there and And 1 dribble for 15 seconds or just turbo all over the court w/o your man wearing himself out. Great stuff!

Old 09-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #68
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
Hustle, I look to you, Dirk, and Lorenzo for "unbiased" views on the game.

Question: Is this worth picking up or should I wait until January when the final patch comes in?
You didn't ask me, but had my name in yo' mouf (thanks for the shout), so I'll tell you what I'm doing.

I don't have the game yet and I am waiting until either the end of September or until when MyLeague's fundamental coding issues and errors are fixed, whichever comes later. I'm so busy this month I don't want to let myself get distracted by the game so that's why I'm waiting at least that long.

I really like what I'm seeing about gameplay, but as an offline MyLeague player, if the mode is jacked up (currently it is), I won't enjoy just playing one off games.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #69
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
You didn't ask me, but had my name in yo' mouf (thanks for the shout), so I'll tell you what I'm doing.

I don't have the game yet and I am waiting until either the end of September or until when MyLeague's fundamental coding issues and errors are fixed, whichever comes later. I'm so busy this month I don't want to let myself get distracted by the game so that's why I'm waiting at least that long.

I really like what I'm seeing about gameplay, but as an offline MyLeague player, if the mode is jacked up (currently it is), I won't enjoy just playing one off games.

Your mileage may vary.
Real talk...you might surprise yourself. I have played more offline games in NBA 2K18 alone than I ever played in the entire time of playing 2K games overall. I'm talking from 2K4 to 2K17. The game is that good.

Honestly, they better be glad the released the game they did with all these problems with their core modes. Otherwise, they might have been looking at a NBA Elite 11 situation. For example, I can't earn VC in PNO, but I don't care, because all I want to do is play the game. I'm one of the lucky ones who's not affected by the framerate glitch after timeouts.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 1

Gameplay this year is sublime. Absolutely love it.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 9

I've tried my best to sincerely congratulate and show my appreciation to gameplay devs for what they accomplished and i hope they hear out and they see us along with big suits over 2k sports and make sure that none of the social media crybabies ruin this incredible, long remembered for years (it'll be as is condition) gameplay, their job is on now to make sure they stay stable and behind of what they have created which is beatifully crafted, fun and sim basketball gameplay.

Thank you dev team. You nailed it and the future is bright going forward and build on this solid base..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #72
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Funny...I am playing NFL 2k5 right now...that game has so much meat in it...features that are still to this day...13 years later still not in the only football game we have...and they sold it for $20 back then. They've always been big on features and gameplay. The Rockstar of sports gaming.

$20? I'm pretty sure games were $40 bucks back then

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »