Home

Mygm story is scriptated

This is a discussion on Mygm story is scriptated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #33
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Mygm story is scriptated

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Wait, so you can ONLY play MyGM with a storyline? You can't play it the same way as in 2K17? Am I hearing this right?

Correct. Apparently after the first season it goes back to regular myGM. My issue is that you can't do expansion or custom draft class/roster like you use to be able to.

I'm trying to find out if you can relocate to any city you want after the first season. If anybody knows please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Cool thanks a lot man, appreciate the feedback! Don't like the story at all though...if I knew that was going to happen
Spoiler
Same here, or I would've went with somebody like Memphis. That's why I just simmed through on 2 runs, before investing into actually playing the game. It would be ridiculous to play a bunch of games, only to have someone like the Celtics, Lakers or Bulls relocated, because you don't know what's going on. I started with Philly, and even having the Sixers relocated felt like too much.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee
So you can only relocate to Seattle? Or can I relocate to a wherever I want? If not I'd like to know before I get any further. I started a myGM with Atlanta and was hoping to move them to a created team after the first season. Ideally I would do an expansion team but that isn't an option in GM mode.

You can only move to Seattle, and you get the old Sonic uniforms with the short shorts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee
Correct. Apparently after the first season it goes back to regular myGM. My issue is that you can't do expansion or custom draft class/roster like you use to be able to.

I'm trying to find out if you can relocate to any city you want after the first season. If anybody knows please let me know.

After the first season, it's just like MyGM from the past few years (with the updated cut scenes). You can import draft classes, after year 1, just not prior, as the first draft class is ingrained into the storyline.

As I answered previously, you can only go to Seattle, as the Sonics. Now I am not sure if you can relocate afterward, like in the past or not. That's not something I've paid attention to.

It may be possible to relocate a team wherever you want, after year 2. I haven't seen the relocation tab, like they had before, but I also haven't looked for it. I could just be not noticing it.

I stayed with the old owner, and original team location, for reference. I'm in like year 4, I believe. I won't be around the game until this evening, so I can't check right now, but I will look when I get back on.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #37
Rookie

Thanks for the info

Would be great if anyone who has played can share, what happens after year 1. its been confirmed that it goes back to MYGM of old with updated cute scenes which is great, but if you chose not to relocate to Seattle, can you do relocation anyone else in year 2 or 3- that would be great.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #38
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for all the info jyod. I keep being more and more disappointed with this mode the more I hear and learn about it. I likely will just give up on it.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
Thanks for the info

Would be great if anyone who has played can share, what happens after year 1. its been confirmed that it goes back to MYGM of old with updated cute scenes which is great, but if you chose not to relocate to Seattle, can you do relocation anyone else in year 2 or 3- that would be great.

Yes, you can. Like others have said, it's the same as last year's MyGM AFTER year one.

More important to me...does anyone know how to upgrade your stadium WITHOUT changing your uniforms??? Or if I do make new units without rebranding, do I still have access to the current ones???

Old 09-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
After the first season, it's just like MyGM from the past few years (with the updated cut scenes). You can import draft classes, after year 1, just not prior, as the first draft class is ingrained into the storyline.

As I answered previously, you can only go to Seattle, as the Sonics. Now I am not sure if you can relocate afterward, like in the past or not. That's not something I've paid attention to.

It may be possible to relocate a team wherever you want, after year 2. I haven't seen the relocation tab, like they had before, but I also haven't looked for it. I could just be not noticing it.

I stayed with the old owner, and original team location, for reference. I'm in like year 4, I believe. I won't be around the game until this evening, so I can't check right now, but I will look when I get back on.
Which tells me that if I want to start another MyGM, I have to go through the entire storyline again..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »