Home

Mygm story is scriptated

This is a discussion on Mygm story is scriptated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 02:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mygm story is scriptated

I'm the 76ers Gm and the owner want Marreese Speights.
This trade is scripted, the propose trades are never accepted.
For example i propose
1) Fultz
2) 2018 1st Round 76ers Unprotected
3) 2018 1st Round Lakers Top 5 Protected
4) 2019 1st Round 76ers Unprotected
but the trade was not accepted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 02:35 AM   #2
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Mygm story is scriptated

Scripted storylines need to stay away from season modes. The whole appeal of a season mode is creating history, and the fact that things are dynamic and narratives happen based on the events that happen within the game.
If you're forcing the story upon the user then you're messing with the entire universal law of "cause and effect". It doesn't make sense. It doesn't feel good.

A really questionable decision of direction imo, to try and make a story-mode out of a season mode. If you have to force the GM to do things to fit the script then something is wrong.

Leave the script for MyPlayer.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:44 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Speights is placed on the untouchables list as soon as he is selected for the storyline.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:53 AM   #4
MVP

On PC you can just put everyone back on original team

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 02:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Any chance there will be a patch that will allow you to turn off story mode for mygm?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 04:43 AM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Scripted storylines need to stay away from season modes. The whole appeal of a season mode is creating history, and the fact that things are dynamic and narratives happen based on the events that happen within the game.
If you're forcing the story upon the user then you're messing with the entire universal law of "cause and effect". It doesn't make sense. It doesn't feel good.

A really questionable decision of direction imo, to try and make a story-mode out of a season mode. If you have to force the GM to do things to fit the script then something is wrong.

Leave the script for MyPlayer.
I agree, keep the corny story telling for MyPlayer, it dont need to be in MyGM. I dont mind interacting with owner, coaches, players, and owner telling you his expectations, as long as they are realistic. A owner wanting Speights that darn bad, would not happen IRL,lol. As for a owner having a goal of # of wins, expectation of going for it all, or it being time to rebuild, or asking his GM, what he thinks, about the teams chances. HC asking for a certain type of player, players coming to you to gripe, or asking about his contract, and such, thats the kind of stuff to add, not some BS script to follow as it sounds like it is now.
Had hopes of finally being able to play MyGM for the 1st time since the added it into the game a few yrs ago, but do to all the issues, with AI stupidness, I stuck with MyLeague so I could control all 30 teams if need be to keep things realistic. Looks like if this stuff isnt fixed, it will be another yr of it being unplayable. Really had hopes this yr, with how they hype it up, with how they work on making it better, and it sounds like it was all talk and no show sadly.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-18-2017, 10:18 AM   #7
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by siska
Any chance there will be a patch that will allow you to turn off story mode for mygm?
This would be at the top of my wishlist IF in disabling story mode you could then allow custom rosters, expansion draft, and draft classes again. I basically just want it to go back to the way it was before. I have never had more fun with a franchise mode than I did with myGM last year.

I was looking so forward to doing it again that I pre-ordered 2k or the first time ever. And aside from creating a team, arena, and uniforms I have not played the game at all. I have actually played my EA access trial of Live more than 2k so far.

I know most people don't care about myGM mode and would just tell me to play myLeague, but I really like the owner interactions, goals, and small RPG elements of the myGM mode.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #8
Rookie

I lost Skal to the Speights craze. So pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »